It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.:. Prediction: First Contact .:.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I know i'll probably be "preaching to the choir" here with all that im about to say - but i hadnt seen it put this way in the forums, so i figured i'd give it a try

*cracks knuckles*

For decades, our Government has been coming up with lame excuse after lame excuse, to cover up mysterious activity from what seems to be another world.

Roswell was passed off as a "top secret research baloon"

Area 51 a location so secret, that the entire world knows about it. A location so secret that "nothing happens there" but nobody is allowed there to see it.

I could go on all day with examples of a government conspiracy to cover up alien encounters with earth. Since you're here though, you probably already know them.

I've always been of the assumption that the government feels as if its proecting us by hiding our ET friends from the public eye. Which, in part, is probably a good thing. With wild speculation that it would dethrone God in every major religion (though i dont believe it would) why would you not want to hide it.

That has been the basis for every "why they hide it" conversation i've ever been a part of.

Fast-foward to modern days, and the first in a chain of events that has me convinced that first-contact is coming very soon.

Religious Astronomers accept the fact that there is a possibility of ET life forms. Religion has never touched the subject of ET life, in a positive or negative manner, until this came out. Its very a-typical of religions, especially one has zealous as Catholisism.

Every where you look now in the media, there is ever widening acceptance of "UFO" and "ALIEN" existance.

Larry King has taken huge interest.

Police are spotting them

ETC

Now, of course, spotting UFO's is a national past time, especially here in our country. But never before has it gotten so much recognition from the mass medias of the world.

Now we're told that we have what appears to be Ice on Mars .

Think of this:
The U.S. Government and NASA will always know more than they allow us to see. If they are allowing us to see "Ice"

well.

You get my drift

I see these chain of events, especially with the Pope's astronomers coming forth, as the beginning events of a process to reveal to the world what our government has known since God know's when.

If i may be so bold to make a prediction.

These sorts of "leaks" will be getting more and more bold, more and more interesting and revealing, and before we celebrate the 2009 new year, we will, once again, be glued to our TV sets, as we watch, for the first time, contact with an alien species.

Book mark my page
because in one years time or less, ill be posting a "OMG i told you so"

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

You may be right...

I've suspected that the gov't. knows somethings out there...and have known for a while now. Aliens from outer space? From some other dimension? Future? Past, even? I don't know what it is, I just know it's something...

Sounds almost ominous, doesn't it?

Religion hasn't commented on it, mostly because prior to the past decade or so, there's been no solid evidence for even the possibility of extrasolar life. Now that planets around other suns have been found, well it's only a matter of time, isn't it, until life itself is found? Totally a cool thing.

join