It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama on The View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think Michelle Obama is beautiful, inside and out (whether or not she's "had a little work done")

She co-hosted on The View and THIS is her introduction.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yes, Michelle Obama does appear beautiful on 'The View'. However, I fail to see the importance of that particular 'fist bump' greeting. Her actions will definitely not be appropriate with officials from other countries. That 'change' (no matter how refreshing at first glance) is only good among younger generation and in the United States, I'm afraid.

[edit on 2008-6-20 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Perhaps I should have included the context.
Sorry. When Obama accepted the nomination, he and his wife did a "fist bump" on stage. Photo Here Some people made a big deal about it. The media ended up asking if it was a "terrorist fist jab". LOL The sinister meaning given to this little motion was just incredible. So, when she appeared on The View, she was kind of making fun of the media.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It goes to show how closed minded and uneducated some people are in this world. I'm afraid that Obama and Michelle should conduct their private matters at home and avoid confusing the public, especially those who do not know a harmless greeting from a gang sign. This is not a common gesture elsewhere that I'm aware of, except in the United States. Most people are reserved in their actions in front of strangers, by the way.

[edit on 2008-6-20 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
I'm afraid that Obama and Michelle should conduct their private matters at home and avoid confusing the public, especially those who do not know a harmless greeting from a gang sign.

"private matters"? It's not like they had sex on the stage.

This is not a common gesture elsewhere that I'm aware of, except in the United States.

That may be. And since they were in the US, everyone knows what it is and accepts it. I have never heard another attack on ANYONE ever doing a fist bump.

Google fist bump images.

Hey, I just thought the intro was cute. I'm not out to have a big political argument.

top topics

join