It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crash Lands in School Field (Wih Pic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

This caught my eye:

A picturesque village was thrown into chaos when a spacecraft, thought to be from Mars, crash-landed in a school field...or did it?
When headteacher Mandy Colligan did her usual morning tour of Catforth CE School she was staggered to find metallic debris surrounded by scorch marks on the playing field.

At first she thought a plane had crashed – until she discovered large paw-like prints leading from the wreckage to a tree and the school pond.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hoax

The 52 pupils at the school, along with staff, made posters to warn villagers Martians were at large – only to learn it was all part of an elaborate hoax aimed at improving their literacy skills.

Mrs Colligan said: "Parents and staff spent the weekend making the spaceship and setting it up as part of a project aimed at making writing more exciting for the children."

They turned sleuths and reporters as well as broadcasters and artists as they wrote about the incident. It was only at the end of the day they were told it had been "a bit of fun" and were given a Mars Bar as a reward for their efforts.

Story

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

If I was one of the kids, I'd be f**king pissed at my parents. There are better ways to improve on childrens literacy skills than tricking them and playing on their fantasy. Real low.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is just another subtle way of indoctrinating our children in preparation for the imminent disclosure event. The more things like this that they see, the more they will be ready for the real thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Clearly NOT a UFO. Perhaps we should change the title to IFO. Frank, I must say I am surprised. Your posts usually offer up credible stories.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Did anyone ever read Passport to the Cosmos by John Mack? Great book, it talks about Aliens that came down into a school yard in Africa somewhere. A well documented event...one of the Aliens actually tried out the swings, according to witnesses.

luvvy12.tripod.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Clearly NOT a UFO. Perhaps we should change the title to IFO. Frank, I must say I am surprised. Your posts usually offer up credible stories.

In defense, he did just state that it "caught his eye"... I don't see where he claimed an opinion on it one way or the other...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey NV,

Originally posted by NightVision

Lighten up! All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!

On the other hand this is a prime example of how Ufology permeates society (in one degree or another) . . .

Cheers,
Frank

join