It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could change any one thing (or things) of your past what would it be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If you could change any one thing (or things) of your past what would it be?

Let me start this off…

I for one wish I could go back and tell myself to do oh so much better in School…take as many AP classes and enroll in as many extracurricular activities as possible so I could have applied and made it into better colleges either that or had done something more extravagant like applying for the Naval Academy.

Remember it could be anything…it could be from as simple as “gee I wish I hadn’t eaten that Taco yesterday from that one Mexican place.” To “I wish I had spoken to her/him if only I had known I wouldn’t ever get the chance again.” (Speak from experience! LOL.)

Best Regards,

Richie.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If I could change any one thing(s) of my past, it would be the following:

run away from home at the age of 13;
graduate from high school at the age of 18;
graduate from college at the age of 22;
get married at the age of 23;
make four children by the age of 27;
get my masters degree by the age of 30;
make lots of money and retire by the age of 40;
travel around the world to meet people; and
continue charity work until the discovery of longevity.

[edit on 2008-6-20 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I'd change nothing actually.

All that I've endured, and all mistakes I've made along the way... have ultimately defined the person I am today. And surprisingly enough, I actually think I'm a pretty cool person.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
excellent thread.

i'd go back and remove myself from numerous situations. i'd also not do some of the stupid
that i felt was necessary to do at that point in time.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am with bachelor on this subject!

If i think about it i would change marrying the first time.

BUT, then, there are a number of things that brought me to where i am now and had i NOT married the wrong person the first time around I would not have made the decisions i did. I would not be as successful as i am not, i would not have the wife i have now nor the little daughter i have now. Life would be somewhat different and I wouldn't know what i was missing.

I would give everything a second go, knowing what i know now, and do it all the same way - just bed time would be better
and i wouldn't have been shy at school where girls were involved and got me some more "lovin"

BUT further to that, everything would be the same!! I love my life as it is. Work could always be better but hey, let's see where it leads

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm with bachlor and shearder.

I wouldnt change anything and thats because even though I havent enjoyed everything I've been through. It made me who I am.

And I'm happy with who I am so I wouldnt change anything.

Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'd have to go with..

Don't eat those chilli nachos about two hours ago...
Gonna have to sleep with the doors and windows open tonight.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
my future........

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I like to think, that I wouldn't change anything...and that the regrets I have are just lessons I haven't learned yet (Sweetest Decline - Beth Orton). The experiences I've had, make me the person that I am today... I had to go through all that crap first, to get to where I am now. If I hadn't of had those experiences, would I still be sitting here where I am?

There are aspects of my personal life, I wish I could change...but..I'm starting to realize, that from each relationship, I've learned a lesson, and I've taken that knowledge into the next relationship...knowledge I wouldn't have, unless i had of had those experiences...

But, if I could change something....I would have done better in school, I'd have so many more doors open to me, had I of studdied more and tried harder.

- Carrot

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If there is one thing I could change in my past it would be calling in to work last Christmas to visit my grandpa had I known it would be the last time I would have seen him before he died. Instead I chose to work and missed out.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Leave Satan, I mean my lovely wife standing on the alter while I went fishing. I bet she would be so surprised!
Ahhhhh.............. to own a time machine.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
A very tough question indeed.

Changes in myself:
I would have applied myself greater in middle school and high school and then gone onto College. (Particularly in Mathematics).
Lose the (
) weight back when I had the metabolism to make it relatively easy.

A number of other things come to mind but they would have changed who I am and how I turned out to be mentally, emotionally, and physically. I suspect that the changes would render into someone who would be unrecognizable to my friends who I cherish so dear.

Changes in what happened in the past:

Two things come to mind.

1) change the health of someone who was very dear to me.
2) Invest in some little startup company called "Microsoft" (chuckle)

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Deson]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
No regrets,

and I don't plan on changing that either.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think I would've joined ats sooner.

So far it seems like an awesome website with awesome people.

And my only regret is that I didnt discover it earlyer.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
At the moment I wish that I would have never made The Ladies Man of BTS contest, it all went wrong lol!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
No regrets......

Sure, there are a few words I'd like to take back, things I said when I was drunk.
There are also a few fights I would have avoided if I'd known they were coming.

I never would have got on that flight into Peace River if I knew what the landing would be like, or that harbor to harbor sea plane that started to sink.

I think the bulk of what I would like to change would be the actions of others.
Being able to go back in time and warn a friend about an impending car accident, an action that will go really wrong, a stupid mistake, etc.....
I've lost too many good friends in my life, I'd like to bring them back.

But even so, no regrets..........

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My only regret is getting married.
I should have listened when my mother said,
"He's no good, He'll never take care of you"
I should have walked out of the church when he was still drunk from the night before at the altar.
ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR MOM, AND THE LITTLE VOICE IN YOUR HEAD!
For sure, I'm listening now.
:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
There's pleanty of things that I wish I could just go back and change.. Even so, I wonder if my life would still be as s***** as it is now.

The first that comes to mind, I probably would've taken a bullet and chanced life to have saved myself some room to parade my pride around. Also, I would've tried to talk him out of it.. Try try try! There's multiple scenarios that COULD have went down, but I was too much of a little b**** to do anything about. Oh well.. What DID go down, is now a piece of s*** history that will replay in my head for time and time to come!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If I could go back and change one thing, I would have cancelled a trip I made to Phx. when my grandpa was dying. I've made several refereces to my grandpa on this site. I loved him dearly & I miss him so much!

When we found out he had cancer, he died almost 2 weeks to the day after being diagnosed. We let him go in the comforts of his home, with the help of hospice.

I had that trip booked for several months before finding out, and right up until I got on that plane I rallied along with my mom, sister and grandma to provide him with 24 hr. care. I made the last meal he ever ate, to which he flattered me by saying it was the best biscuits and gravy he'd ever had in his entire life, I gave him his last shave, I've never shaved a mans face before or since, and I watched my grandma cry as she gave him a bed-bath with our assistance while muttering how my grandfather would be horrified if he knew us girls saw him exposed like that.

Anyhow, long story short, he died while my plane was in the air. I should have stayed home until the very end.
That's something I'll always regret.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Seaman_Richie

before my uncle died
i told him to ****** get lost and some other harsh words.
since he faverd my brother more

was only around 6-7

next day died of cancer

i would go back and not be such a ***** *****
i still get nitemares and regrets from that day even so it was over 16-17+ years ago

top topics

join