It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500,000 Iraqi Refugees In 2007: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

500,000 Iraqi Refugees In 2007: Report

www.huffingtonpost.com

The report said the office of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees had referred 10,000 Iraqis for U.S. resettlement.

It said the Iraqi exodus "from the violence and instability of their homeland" constituted "the largest refugee crisis of 2007."

"While the Bush administration and the United Kingdom are busy trying to win the war, they have provided no leadership toward ensuring the rights and well-being of the victims of this war."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wasn't one of the Bush administrations lines about the rational behind invading Iraq being to HELP the people of Iraq?

I sure thought that was one of the justifications, I think it directly followed finding NO WMDs.

It was right before they admitted it was all strategic, for the oil and position in the Middle East. Oh wait they still deny that...umm I am not sure what their line is any more, I think they just realize we wont do anything to stop them so they are basically thumbing their noses at us now.

And killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, forcing them to flee, and allowing our brave soldiers to die for their greed.

yay america....

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
But you can' go around lettin' these bad guys have all that yellow cake....
.....and tubes, they had tubes.

Now a half a million people have to leave because there WAS NO PLAN!
They knew they were going in.....but, where? Oh where......

...was the exit strategy?

That would be expecting too much of them. But hey, freedom is on the march.

join