It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich Vows More Impeachment Articles On the Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Kucinich Vows More Impeachment Articles On the Way

blog.washingtonpost.com

Kucinich tells us he's giving the House Judiciary Committee 30 days to act on his resolution proposing 35 articles of impeachment against President Bush or else he'll raise even more hell on the House floor. Thirty-five articles was just the tip of the iceberg. If Judiciary does nothing, he'll go back to the House floor next month armed with nearly twice as many articles.

"The minute the leadership said 'this is dead on arrival' I said that I hope they believe in life after death; because I'm coming back with it," Kucinich vowed in an interview with the Sleuth this week. "It's not gonna die. Because I'll come back with more articles. Not 35, but perhaps 60 articles."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
06/13/08: Dennis Kucinich on the Alex Jones Show: Impeachment Time

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
While the Articles of Impeacment against Bush may seem to be dead in the House, and dead to the press, it's far from over. What may come of it remains to be seen but at least there is one man among our leadership who is not willing to let the issue rest without putting up a fight.

blog.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Get him, Get him!

I hope he never stops till he gets Bush & Chaney and if the rest of the cowards dont want to help, then THEY ARE IN, ON HELPING BUSH & CHANEY TO GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING!

If (WE THE PEOPLE) Dont impeach these two, it sends a message to other Presidents that they can do what they want as well.

There is no "ACCOUNTABILITY" anymore!

Without Accountability in our Government, then there is no Government.

Kucinich is a true Patriot, to bad the rest arent.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

i dont know what else to say about these stupid news articles that i havent already. i got to give you guys credit though. keeping the dream alive. sad but respectiable soley because of the dedication.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Just out of complete curiosity did you agree with the impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
no i didnt. are you kidding. if i was president i would have been doing the same thing all though i would have at least chose some one hotter. i only had three problems with old bill :

1) hillary
2) the way he handled the bombing of the Cole
3) the military cut backs, thousands of good men lost jobs and pensions just so he could look good from an economic stand point.

other than that i dont think he should have been impeached his sex life is none of our bisnuess. presidents are human just like us and they make mistakes too..

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
presidents are human just like us and they make mistakes too..

Yeah, exactly. Good one for Bill, getting the oral hygene that he deserved.

Provided the President is doing his job, which is looking after the nation, I don't think that it's the nation's business to know who's doing their job looking after the President!

Presidents take their pants off at the end of the day, just like everyone else.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

of course the only mistakes he made when we just look at my statements was his choice of monica and getting caught.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hey, how about a deck of cards with an article on each one, like the Iraq "most wanted" deck.

Well, Kucinich is in good company with good Republicans like John Dean. Good for him to keep this in the news and in the face of Congress.

While the issue of impeachment may be dead for political/timely reasons, I am disappointed that it wasn't done, as there are valid reasons for Congress to have done it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The differences between what Clinton did and what Bush has done vary by orders of magnitude. The fact that Clinton got impeached and that Bush is most likely to walk away unscathed is a very damning indictment of our current political process.

Sexual proclivities have been demonstrated as a sure way to strip one of power. On the other hand, secretly manipulating (lying) a country into war, raping it's wealth, and subjugating it's rule of law is apparently not worthy of action.

Quite a sign of the times if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

if there were "valid" reasons. congress would have done it. it is your oppinion that they had reasons. saddly your oppinion dosent matter in what congress does. the only reasons you know of are those reported by the news.

i guess people just dont think or maybe they dont know. the president democrat or republican makes judgements based on what other people tell him they dont go out gathering their own intel. and when they make a wrong desision based on someone elses advise that is as drastic as starting a war then they must see it through. turn off the tv from time to time and think. its why i havent owned a tv in over 2 years...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
The differences between what Clinton did and what Bush has done vary by orders of magnitude. The fact that Clinton got impeached and that Bush is most likely to walk away unscathed is a very damning indictment of our current political process.

Sexual proclivities have been demonstrated as a sure way to strip one of power. On the other hand, secretly manipulating (lying) a country into war, raping it's wealth, and subjugating it's rule of law is apparently not worthy of action.

Quite a sign of the times if you ask me.

read my above post and that is most of my responce. as for raping its wealth the democratic party is to blame for that not the president. do your home work...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Sad to say, but I haven't heard much/enough in MSM about impeachment, other than a lot about who is talking about it. (Kucinich, Pelosi, Reid, Dean) As far as Dean, here is his take on impeachment
John Dean's Ideas

Opinions in Congress do matter. Ask the NRA.

I agree that a president could "make a wrong desision based on someone elses advise", but to turn around and give people a Medal of Freedom for their advice/efforts towards that wrong decision seems a little crazy.

As had been said recently, now that the oil spoils have been divvied up, the real mission has been accomplished.

The war for oil/geostrategical positioning was framed for the American people in words they would understand. "Way of life" was used, really meaning our use of oil in our daily lives, not freedoms we daily enjoy. "Weapons of mass destruction" was a concrete example, not a political idea. Saddam, again a person vs an idea. Mushroom cloud. 9-11.

Americans would not have given their sons and daughters, husbands and wifes, fathers and mothers, to politicians to wage a war for energy resources/geostrategic reasons. They would have said, ok then we devote our tax dollars and human resources to find alternative energy/sources to keep us independent.
The war turned out badly for both families and politicians, but it is the families who paid the highest price. Politicians will walk away from this fiasco with their lives intact, but many soldiers are dead or never going to walk again. let alone ever being the same again.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There is a saying that comes to my mind. Talk is cheap. He can bring 1000 articles but he still won't get Bush impeached. The only way to deal with Bush is to wait until the next election.

top topics

join