It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush And McCain Try To Steal Credit For Webb's GI Bill That They Consistently Worked To Defeat»

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Bush And McCain Try To Steal Credit For Webb's GI Bill That They Consistently Worked To Defeat»

thinkprogress.org

Yesterday, House leaders in both parties struck a deal on a war supplemental bill that includes expanded college benefits for veterans. The GI Bill is Sen. Jim Webb’s (D-VA) version ...

Now, however, Bush and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) — the two most vocal opponents of Webb’s bill — are trying to take credit for it. They are claiming that they always supported the generous benefits — their main concern was just ensuring the benefits’ transferability: ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
These guys are simply shameless. What I like best is how McCain is clearly demonstrating how his presidency (gods help us) would be Bush's 3rd term.

McCain: That has always been my primary concern with respect to the Webb bill. … With the addition of the transferability provisions sought by Senators Graham, Burr, myself and others to give service members the right to transfer earned G.I. Bill benefits to spouses and children, we will have achieved in offering vastly improved educational benefit.

Bush: Throughout the past five months, President Bush and members of his Administration have worked hard to ensure that an expansion of GI benefits includes transferability. … The President is pleased that Congress answered his call.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I can't believe the gall of this man! Taking credit (and giving it to McCain) when they both voted against the bill! John McCain fought it all the way!

Bush and McCain take Credit for GI Bill They Voted AGAINST - Video

join