It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Area 51 censored on Google Earth and Auschwitz is,?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Other places are censored on Google Earth, notably Auschwitz, which I find very odd.However, Area 51, arguably the most secret place on Earth is for full viewing, complete with descriptions of each building. Why? Perhaps Area 51 us a farce or just some diversion thing.

Why would Auschwitz be censored?

[edit on 19-6-2008 by 420prajna]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yeah just check it out for yourselves. Auschwitz is conspicously blurred. Wouldn't an area with so much historical import be available for people to see?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I find it really interesting that nobody finds this important. I guess it's hard to predict what people on ATS will discuss and what they wont.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
you need to search a bit harder .... it took me all of 30 secs to find you an overlay of the camp

www.gearthhacks.com...

click on the pick and then ok for the download box

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That is a photo from the 40s or something overlaid on the current image, the real time image is gone

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
Yeah just check it out for yourselves. Auschwitz is conspicously blurred. Wouldn't an area with so much historical import be available for people to see?

yeah i agree with ya there if its make believe and nonsence yeah everybodys for it here on ats but if its real life nobody will answer you because the boogyman will come and get them.....sheeesh.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

That is a photo from the 40s or something overlaid on the current image, the real time image is gone

if you find better please post it here so i can see it ..... cause my boss here at work was a little boy back then ww2 ex-auschwitz yes he has the tats and yes hes a jew

link   

Other places are censored on Google Earth, notably Auschwitz, which I find very odd.However, Area 51, arguably the most secret place on Earth is for full viewing,

[edit on 19-6-2008 by 420prajna]

I wouldn't be so sure your seeing an accurate view of Area 51 when I used to google earth I took some stills of A-51 one month then another a month later and still another a month after that, the first and third months were identical 3 months apart.

If you go back to A-51 look north and south there is plenty blurred out, I think the images of A-51 must be " Cleared " First as far as Auschwitz, That is strange good catch

link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

Yeah that's the way it goes here...man it used to be so much better back in like '02...oh well I guess we need more positive people who think critically and take this kind of stuff seriously.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks I will check it out.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
firstly - please wait more than 15 minuites before ranting off that ` your thread is being ignored ` - we have more important things to do than sit around reading forums all day

second - Auschwitz is not cencored how you came to this erronious conclusion begars belief

please look at this :

GE is formed by ` tiling ` images from various sources - they are taken at different times , by different systems at different resolutions

this is readily apparent in the secreencap i show you

are you now claiming tht huge swathes of plotand are " cencored " and that the " cencorship " magically corresponds to the hi res / lo res image blocks used by GE ?

FFS get a grip - auschwitz is not sencored - so stop making assanine claims

PS - have a look @ Bergen - Belsen - is it cencored ???????????

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I just checked out the Auschwitz area. Your confusing low resolution with high resolution photos. Just south of that area is high resolution. You see this all over the world with Google earth. You will even find cities split between high and low resolution.

Nothing sinister, just the way the satellite images have been laid out. GE uses a mosaic of images for the earth with a mixture of low, medium, and high resolution photos.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Cool Cool
Zoom in buddy lets get some real tight images for us and post them please!

[edit on 19-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yeah I would like to see a close up image...Perhaps my version of Google Earth is lacking, but I dont think I made any claims whatsoever, I was just commenting on an observation

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Also I just checked out Bergen Belse and see no evidence of the camp that existed there

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Check your layers settings in the lower left hand side and check the geographic features button. You will have a series of blue, purple, and orange dots show up. Zoom in closer and you will see little cameras. Click these and see what is at ground level.

Bergen-Belsen Concentration Camp has around 24 photos available. The info is there for viewing.

new topics

top topics

join