It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City is "cursed" by ancient stone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This news is from 2005 :
news.bbc.co.uk...

A stone commissioned to mark the millennium may be destroyed after being blamed for bringing misfortunes of "biblical proportions" to a city.

Since the Cursing Stone was placed in Carlisle, the city has suffered floods, foot-and-mouth disease, job losses and a goal famine for the football team.

The 14-tonne granite artwork is carved with a 1,069-word 16th Century curse.

I guess they did not think it will actually work

Also I have read a thread here on ATS about "Sigil Magik", where in order for your wish to happen you need to write it down and do some other stuff, this looks similar

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Awesome, a legend in the making! I have relatives nearby so I'll check it out myself when I go there next year.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
And this is why amatures should not be allowed to play with magick.

Symbols have power over the human psyche, and placing a curse on a big honking stone in the middle of town is just asking for trouble.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Why did they put a curse on the stone in the first place? What was their logic behind all of this? This is really hard for me to believe.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My guess is that they took the curse as a "harmless piece of town history", and used it, without thinking that most of the townspeople are probably descended from the people that the curse was originally meant to keep out.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There is no curse in that stone. Objects have no power. There obviously is a Wtich or Warlock in the vacinity of that city cursing the town. They are using the stone to throw you off.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Arrogance and this city go together. At least someone was smart enough to realise that magick was afoot and needed to be dealt a blow. But removing this embodied curse actually requires that the artwork be destroyed.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
hocus-pocus dont work with me

nobody can prevent natural disasters but the rest of what the op claims is just very poor management by the town leaders ....sac em all i say ..and things will improve , as for the football team get a new coach.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What a load of rubbish. My city has suffered similar problems to those described but we don't have a stone to blame.

.. Shall we start sacrificing virgins to appease the Gods? Of course not. I wish they would stop throwing away tax payers money for pointless purposes.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Actually, I think if they will just turn the stone 180 degrees, and then turn it upside down, while all the inhabitants dance naked in the street this will reverse the curse. especially important is to do this on a night of the new moon, which is a powerful symbol of change.

For a free round trip ticket, all expenses paid, I will be glad to oversee this project, as my small contribution to help mankind become just a tad smarter.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I read about his years ago, and couldn't believe what they had done. Of course other places have similar problems, but curses can be powerful things...*my* opinion and experience, and out of bounds to critisicm...sorry!...(no I'm not!)...so for the Carlisle city elders to decide to carve this energetic rubbish onto granite and slap it right in their midst for all eternity is just insane. Words have very strong energy, and to make permanent so many damaging words, in such a public place where many people walk past it every day, is bound to have an effect. I did read that someone had tried to negate the effect of the stone by gridding the area with quartz, but this might have just made it worse. Quartz is an amplifier of energy. The only thing that will work long term is to blow the bugger up and dump the dust in the Atlantic.

Cait (...having a rant!...)

[edit on 27-6-2008 by caitlinfae]

new topics

top topics

join