It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'loses nuclear missile parts'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

US 'loses nuclear missile parts'

www.news.com.au

THE US military has lost more than one thousand "sensitive" nuclear missile parts, officials close to the Pentagon say.

A recent investigation condemning the US military's accidental shipment of nuclear cones to Taiwan also found that the US Air Force doesn't know what happened to many other nuclear parts, The Financial Times reported.

The US Air Force chief of staff and air force secretary were sacked by US Secretary Robert Gates after the investigation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
We've heard of broken arrows. So, is this a case of lost arrows or maybe lost arrowheads?

The USA wants to stop the rest of the world from having nukes, but it can't keep an accurate tab on its own stockpiles?

Morons.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I have to believe these incidents are something more than just oversight or stupidity. It's not natural.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I have to believe these incidents are something more than just oversight or stupidity. It's not natural.

Completely agree with you.

First they lose whole missiles, then they ship bits to Taiwan, now the USAF doesn't know where alot of parts are for said missiles...

Yeah right and i have a sea side villa for sale in Niger.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is a witch hunt to divert attention to where the parts really went. I'll bet you will find the makings of a dirty bomb with the parts that are missing. The control system on these and other parts is too strong and regulated. A huge paper trail has to be generated when any inventory part is not accounted for, and I mean toilet seats and screwdrivers. Wouldn't you think nuke parts might hold a little more importance? I think this is the buildup to something bad.

top topics

join