It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Yes' to surveillance law in Sweden.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

'Yes' to surveillance law in Sweden.

www.thelocal.se

Swedish lawmakers came down in favour of a fiercely debated surveillance bill in a vote at the Riksdag on Wednesday evening.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is a huge thing. Since when do governments take big measurement AGAINST their population without a big revolt. If the Swedish people think this is oke they should wake up and see that they have given a way a huge right. Next thing you know they vote yes on glass houses.

www.thelocal.se
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My sincerest condolences to the fine people of your country. Fear is a terrible tool in the hands of those who govern, they use it to justify anything they want.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thats... so damn sad its unbelievable.

An orwellian state has been born. Not even the UK is so draconian.

This is the boot of facsim stamping on the face of a little man for all eternity.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by broliIf the Swedish people think this is oke they should wake up and see that they have given a way a huge right.

That's the thing. Very few thinks its ok, but the Swedish goverment at the moment is beyond reality: they live in their own world. There's been internet suppliers going out saying that they will not comply with any demand from FRA to tap into their lines. Several departments has dismissed the law as a violation of our privacy, including SÄPO (the Swedish eqvivalent of CIA/FBI). Personally I would go so far as to say the law goes against Swedish constitution and I hope the entire damn goverment is brought down by it.

But in the end, it matters little. FRA has already admitted to covertly spying on everyone since 10 years back anyway

[edit on 18-6-2008 by merka]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That's horrible news yet not surprising.

The EU for a long time has been clamping down on freedom of speech.
In Germany for instance they have these vague laws about hate speech where someone can be arrested for speaking their mind.

The EU is not a democracy anymore, It's turned into a fascist superstate and countries like France, Germany, Spain, Italy etc are mere provinces. No borders, single currency and more integrated single military. People should have seen this coming.

Sweden's just the latest victim.

BTW i find it funny this law is being passed down when the Irish voted No to the Lisbon treaty, I guess the NWO is getting desparate now.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, Sweden still has elections for the Riksdag. Next time there is an election make sure you only elect people who will reverse the law. Do not vote in anyone who will pass similar laws. If you have to vote for inexperienced politicians then do so. If what you say is true, and most people are against this law, then this should solve your problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
If I'm not mistaken, Sweden still has elections for the Riksdag. Next time there is an election make sure you only elect people who will reverse the law. Do not vote in anyone who will pass similar laws. If you have to vote for inexperienced politicians then do so. If what you say is true, and most people are against this law, then this should solve your problem.

Good advice.

Only problem is that in Sweden the elections aren't personal as in the US, for instance. Our representative democracy have us voting for parties rather than persons. So even if someone strongly disagrees they usually have to comply to party line.

In the matter of the FRA-law (the one in question in this post) most were aginst the law, but enough of the people in parliament were for it, so they passed it. The fact that many members of parliament were on vacation and that the voting was done during the height of the European Soccer Championships may have had something to do with it.

I believe the current government is on a crash course and a kind of reversed Robin Hood agenda. I just hope enough people agree with me, come the elections.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a vote in sweden made by its citicent is mearly a visible aid for their goverment to do their decision , nothing eles,. the goverment selects its own representantives and laws they pass , nothing is made by the people

thats why i moved from sweden

new topics

top topics

join