It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom Plane Ghost or UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hi,
I, We ( myself and hubby ) are new to this site and having read lots of threads decided it was time to join and share our story. It happened 6 years ago when our youngest child was around two years old.
We were driving to our local hospital as our daughter was having breathing difficulties which she had had since she was born. We were travelling on the A444 in coventry uk and I noticed a plane in front of us to the left just hanging in the air ( i would estimate the plane to be 200ft from the ground due to the fact there was a building slightly behind it ). It was absolutely still and i couldnt believe my eyes, so i pointed this plane out to him ( my hubby ) and he also saw it too. It was an old passenger plane, red and white in colour with windows, a propellor on each wing. It was NOT an advertisment balloon and we were not driving head on with this plane. We drove slowly past it in total disbelief as the plane was completely stationary like a helicopter hovering but with no engine noise???
We could not stop as we were going to the hospital but watched the plane out of the back window until it was out of view.
Has anyone ever seen anything like this? It has puzzled us ever since, i have even searched the internet and found in our local paper that a Dr Hall had reported the same thing on the same road twice. This plane was within a mile of our local airport and we often see planes coming in to land. This plane was NOT coming in to land.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Very strange. Though I tend not to believe in an afterlife, it does sound more like a classic ghost encounter than a UFO encounter. It's interesting to note that you've also gathered similar reports on the very same road.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My hubby thought it was maybe a past into present sort of experience if that makes any sense?! Some sort of time experience. It could be a UFO cloaking itself, projecting what it wants you to see?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
My hubby thought it was maybe a past into present sort of experience if that makes any sense?! Some sort of time experience. It could be a UFO cloaking itself, projecting what it wants you to see?

Interesting point. Perhaps it's some sort of rip in the fabric of time creating a window into the past?

It would be pretty clever if it were a UFO cloaking itself, though. Heh, I wonder if that thought is going to make me question every plane I see in the sky from now on.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Edison Carter]

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Edison Carter]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I stumbled across this fairly recent report, just thought this was very interesting and kind of brings back the moment!

Weird www.nuforc.org...

Im freaked out a little because its hard to even comprehend what this phenomena could be?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Please, someone else must have some thoughts on this?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Is there anyway it was very hot out, and the plane was actual on the ground but due to a "mirage" type effect appeared to be off the ground?

I know this doesn't fit your story all that well, but it fits the one you linked a bit better. Since they said the second one they saw as on an airstrip (hot asphalt) 9 am (again could be very hot out, and they place the second one only 20 feet off the ground.

But your story, yea...doubtful it was some sort of mirage.

Maybe like you said a past to future type thing, OR a Philidelphia Experiment type of deal. Where that boat dissapear, and was seen miles away for a few seconds then reappeared back.

Very interesting story, and you sound credible. S+F hopefully someone can come up with something.

oh btw, this area where you saw it, is it a known area for people to fly RC planes? Or is there an airport anywhere near there? I'm not familiar with the area, sorry.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi
The plane I saw was alongside a motorway above a building, maybe 100 to 200 feet up in the air. It was completely still, no noise just sitting in the sky.
There is an airport very close and yes they fly the old types of planes like the one I saw ( although we did visit our local air museum which is located next to the airport to see if we could see the one we saw but nope it wasnt there ). The runway is literaly above the motorway about a mile away actually but this plane was not facing the airport as all the usual planes coming in to land do.
I mean when we both witnessed this it was just unreal and creepy because it was as clear as day, no mirage.
I understand folk are gonna say "well there is an airport nearby but believe me when I say I know the direction the planes come in and this plane was static.
Its an experience I ( and my hubby ) will never forget.....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Check this out:

googlesightseeing.com...

This is all mind boggling to me right now - but maybe these are planes under hijack by aliens and the passengers have no idea? Perhaps they are visiting craft shaped as normal planes so as not to completely disturb - though remaining static is odd. But my guess is "ghost planes"... not very UFO related I know, but still mind-boggling

I'm very interested in ghost plane stuff. So many reports of them in the Peak District. I'm convinced I heard a ghost plane once. I was in my garden in the evening and heard a large, older plane with propellers going over, but saw nothing. I could see a lot of the sky and was looking all over, yet it was definitely going over head. I saw no lights, nothing blocking the stars, anything - it was freaky. And it is a known fact there was a WW2 plane crash about half a mile from where I was, two pilots steered their plane away from houses and into a field, but were killed.

But these new instances you're mentioning of planes in suspended animation - that is weird! But it's very interesting!

top topics

join