It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief Foreign Correspondent CBS News Interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Lara Logan was interviewed by Jon Stewart last night and I was incredibly impressed! She has spent a lot of time in Iraq and Afghanistan and has some interesting things to say.

It's a 7 minute clip.

I was particularly interested in her saying that if she had to watch the news we watch, she would go nuts. How far off do you think the media coverage of this war is?

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
How far off do you think the media coverage of this war is?
[edit on 18-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

*Rubbing Hands Together* Okay, first real post... Nevermind

From my experiance of reading CNN, Fox, BBC, and ATS daily for about a year, I have seen a great deal of variations. At first I was suprised with how much BBC differed from Fox. Anyways, by now I have not learned to trust Fox too much at this point..

Media can be minipulated and willed to whatever the Media wants people to think. I do not know who is the mysterious figurehead that is controling parts of the Media now, but for certain, they have the say.

Turn on your TV, or read an article about the War in Iraq anyday of the year and you will find a few things consistant throughout them:

-Negitive towards Arabs
-Focuses on deaths of Americans
-Does not show Iraqi deaths (in many cases, too many to count)

And most of the time, has a liberal viewpoint.

I do not know where you can get a news source that gives you the 100% turth about it, but in many instances, I have pieced together the story.

I will be glad the day that people acually see the truth

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
I do not know where you can get a news source that gives you the 100% turth about it, but in many instances, I have pieced together the story.

I don't know if there is such a thing as the 100% truth anymore, bet we like Link TV

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hiyah Benevolent, and welcome Truth, nice first post

Thanks for putting this video up on ATS and starting this thread!
Starred and flagged!

Isn't it sad that a lot of "cutting edge" news comes from the DAILY SHOW of all places on Comedy Central?? I find that absolutely appalling.

Regardless of anyone's political affiliation, if there's anyone of ANY party here in the U.S. that still thinks that our news we receive in this country paints anything resembling the truth, then I ask them to explain one thing...

Why is this correspondent, who has been in both Iraq and Afghanistan TRYING to report what's going on, having to appear on COMEDY CENTRAL??? It's absolutely outrageous, and I agree with her about the U.S. news and having to listen to it
TG for beer, ATS and fishing!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What's astounding is that the last half of the interview was absolutely straight-forward reporting. No spin attached. On Comedy Central, no less.

You won't find an unbiased piece like this on Fox. The irony!

new topics

top topics

join