It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are They Really Oil Wars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Are They Really Oil Wars?

www.middle-east-online.com

In this study I will first argue that the Peak Oil theory is unscientific, unrealistic, and perhaps even fraudulent. I will then show that war and military force are no longer the necessary or appropriate means to gain access to sources of energy, and that resorting to military measures can, indeed, lead to costly, not cheap, oil. Next, I will demonstrate that, despite the lucrative spoils of war resulting from high oil prices and profits, Big Oil prefers peace and stability, not war and geopolitical turbulence, in global energy markets. Finally, I will argue a case that behind the drive to war and military adventures in the Middle East lie some powerful special interests (vested in war, militarism, and geopolitical concerns of Israel) that use oil as an issue of “national interest”—as a façade or pretext—in order to justify military adventures to derive high dividends, both economic and geopolitical, from war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The writer of this news story is a professor at Drake University in Iowa. I honestly can't say I disagree with much of what he's written. I think he oversimplifies some issues, but I wholeheartedly agree with him on peak oil and on the fact that Iraq isn't about and never was about oil.

www.middle-east-online.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Finally, I will argue a case that behind the drive to war and military adventures in the Middle East lie some powerful special interests (vested in war, militarism, and geopolitical concerns of Israel) that use oil as an issue of “national interest”—as a façade or pretext—in order to justify military adventures to derive high dividends, both economic and geopolitical, from war.

Sounds like he is right on the money to me.

new topics

join