It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico exempt in war on terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Bush has now decided that mexicans do not have to be photgraphed or finger printed when entering the US. What the HELL!

I don't care if you are mexican, canadian or Saudi. You come in this country you get your fingerprints and photo taken. What is the big deal. This country was attacked (regardless of who did it) and we are attacked every day when someone from outside this country committs a crime.

I am so tired of Bush getting into bed with Mexico. I mean it is a seperate country who has millions of it's citizens entering this nation illegally breaking the law.

Bush is pandering for votes and I wish there was something we could do to stop this. I am not anti mexican either, I think EVERYONE that comes into this nation should be scrutinized. Especially a country that flaunts the fact that they do not follow our laws so openly as Mexico. I mean what are we worried about pissing them off for?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Where did you get this information?

I would be interested to read this.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here is one article on the topic. It was being discussed earlier on FoxNews.

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico -- The exemption of some Mexicans from being fingerprinted and photographed when they cross the U.S. border is a welcome gesture that will prevent bottlenecks and enhance trade ties, border crossers say.

A senior U.S. official said Thursday the Bush administration may back off plans requiring that visa-carrying Mexicans who make short visits to the United States and stay close to the border be fingerprinted and photographed when they enter the country

www.newsday.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This would allow Mexicans with border crossing cards to visit for no more than 72 hours and no more than 25 miles inland. Supposedly, laser equipment will be placed at certain land ports to check those travelers that proceed further than 25 miles inland and somehow detect those that stay longer than 72 hours. This equipment is said to be able to use a laser to read biometric information in their border crossing cards.

I fail to see how this will be effective. Let's just open all borders to all people and be done with it.

[Edited on 3/5/2004 by Bangin]

top topics

join