It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down with the Dalai Lama

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The Dalai Lama lives in a thousand room palace while the poor and starving bring him offerings. If he renounces worldly goods, why does he live like a sultan while others suffer. Why doesn't he sell that palace and help the poor?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The Dalai Lama isn't forcing people into giving him wealth or other offerings, they simply do so out of the goodness in their hearts, in exchange for spiritual advice, wisdom and knowledge. The Dalai Lama is the spiritual leader of Tibet and their teacher and the goodness, knowledge and wisdom comes directly from the Dalai Lama himself. You don't seem to realise, but these people couldn't careless about materialism, like we do in the west and I very much doubt that they see themselves as being poor. They have all the basic necessities to live and that is all they require. What they do care about is spirituality and achieving spiritual liberation and enlightenment.

What is born will die; what has been gathered will be dispersed, what has been accumulated will be exhausted, what has been built up will collapse, and what has been high will be brought low.”

Impermanence is all there is.......Death awaits us all.

These Buddhist masters have a lot of wisdom to offer and some of them certainly have a wicked sense of humor.

Dudjom Rinpoche used to tell the story of a powerful bandit in India, who, after countless successful raids, realized the terrible suffering he had been causing. He yearned for some way of atoning for what he had done, and visited a famous master. He asked him: "I am a sinner, I am in torment. What's the way out? What can I do?"

The master looked the bandit up and down and then asked him what he was good at.

"Nothing," replied the bandit.

"Nothing?" barked the master. "You must be good at something!"

The bandit was silent for a while, and eventually admitted: "Actually there is one thing I have a talent for, and that's stealing."

The master chuckled: "Good! That's exactly the skill you'll need now. Go to a quiet place and rob all your perceptions, and steal all the stars and planets in the sky, and dissolve them into the belly of emptiness, the all-encompassing space of the nature of mind."

Within twenty-one days, the bandit had realized the nature of his mind, and eventually came to be regarded as one of the great saints of India.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeMaury
The Dalai Lama lives in a thousand room palace while the poor and starving bring him offerings. If he renounces worldly goods, why does he live like a sultan while others suffer. Why doesn't he sell that palace and help the poor?

Does your compassion embrace the entire world and benefit the trillions of sentient beings on this planet? Do you actively work and engage in meaningful actions for the permanent liberation from suffering of all living beings not only within this world but in countless worlds throughout this universe? Do you have an active role in the great work of the enlightenment of the entire human race? Unless you do you cannot point a finger at the Dalai Lama who observes the traditions of his lineage, the karma he was born with and works tirelessly in all his incarnations to free all the beings trapped in the endless cycle of uncontrolled rebirth to nirvana.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by flashstorminc]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The Dalai Lama would not be an issue for ATS members sympathetic to China if he were not so successful at focusing the criticism of the world on China's cultural genocide and military repression of Tibetans.

If the Chinese let up on the Tibetans and allowed them religious and cultural freedom and dare I say it, greater economic freedom, the Dalai Lama would again become as obscure as he once was before the Chinese arrived in Tibet.

The Chinese should be thankful that the Dalai Lama is the way he is. If the Tibetans were anything like the Vietnamese, there would be no Chinese troops or settlers in Tibet. If the Tibetans were anything like the Irish, the Chinese would have a monumental headache.

If the Communist Party of China had any brains it would be praising the Dalai Lama to the skies every day. They should realize how hard he works to keep a lid on something that could be a tremendous amount of trouble for them.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Uhmm.. he himself revealed this information several times, it seems you don't know much about him at all?
I'm not suggesting anything, there is no need.

No I wasn't aware of the funding from the CIA until now nor the statement from the office of the Dalai Lama. I read about his buddhist views, not so much politics or economics. Still I have no problem with funding by the CIA, it's not like he trained "a resistance movement" in the USA- as you say. As I read it former Tibetan soldiers and several ex-monks chose to pick up arms when offered by the CIA agents in India and were then trained by the US and then back in India raided the Chinese in Tibet. Some funding was given for that army and then some for supporting the government in exile. Apparently the Dalai Lama was not aware of the covert actions but let several generals lead the raids. It seems likely he wasn't as the figure of the Dalai Lama in Tibetan buddhism is not a warrior one.

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
What evidence? Sources, links do you have anything at all?

Is The New York Times article good enough for you?

NYT article

Yes it is, an interesting read but not very much details about HH's role (this one has more and this one. I've also read several other sources and it's too bad when people forego their ideals and principles when attacked and then still preach nonviolence... I still believe he was not personally involved but left it to the Tibetan soldiers, it appears he was left in the dark about the covert actions with the CIA. It's also sad how the US interferes with China apparently through Tibet even though I don't agree with Maoism and Marxism. Makes me wonder what lies ahead and what China will do. Will it annex other neighbours like they did Tibet?

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think i have been misunderstood.

I could have made it clearer.

I am actually not condemming the Dalai Lama himself. As i stated, he was a lovely man, very loving, kind of funny and extremely humble.

His leading example of forgivness and non judgement of others is something that i have taken into my own life experience as an example for myself.

BUT my point is this and i should have made it a little clearer.

He could unwilling and unknowingly be being used by the darker forces on this planet (CIA, NWO, etc as previously mentioned) to play the role of their new religious figurehead.

Think about it, most people respect and have a lot fo time for the Dalai Lama - therefore minimal opposition.

It would be VERY easy for his loving trusting nature to be taken advantage of and he may not even realise it.

He pushes the message of oneness so accordingly could be easily caught up in a movement which pushes a FAKE oneness (NWO types).

Perhaps some of his advisors (there were MANY MANY 'suits' backstage with him, it would not be hard for one or more of these guys to be the bad guys)

They could subtely push/advise him to preech oneness. His version of oneness is one that i agree with. The way the darker forces interpret oneness is NOT agreeable with me - it invovles oneness through control and manipulation for THEIR agenda.

SO, i hope this clarifies what im saying.

The Dalai Lama being USED as a vehicle for such negative change and control on this planet. I personally do not see this as so far fetched.

The Dalai Lama INTENTIONALLY plotting evil and walking hand-in-hand with the Rcokfellers and the like, well while nothing is impossible, i do highly doubt it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The Dalai Lama is just another cult leader IMHO. He may be a nice guy, but obviously he does not live like the rest of us. There is no doubt he is being used politically by certain Western elitists.

However the Chinese government is not exactly a friend of the common man either, nor are they known for their benevolence. Tibet is occupied territory right now and the populace is resentful, like any empire. The United States has a few territories like that as well. In fact there are still many counties and states that would be happier if the US fed.s packed up and left.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I really doubt he has ever been to many of the thousand rooms.

Here is some truth for you who see wealth when you look at the Dali Lama.

One man can only eat so much; some grow fat eating all they can. Others do not. In general we concede that a thin man does not eat in excess of his needs. A rich man may dine on a higher quality of food than a poor man but that is a small difference in wealth.

A man can only wear one set of clothing at a time, some more fine than others.

A man can only live in one room at any single instant.

After a certain point all wealth is symbolic, meaning it does not directly improve the wellbeing of the owner. Most wealth is invested, meaning it keeps others housed, clothed, fed, and employed. The rich man gets to make decisions, and they invariably keep him rich if he has a choice in the matter.

Wealth is an issue of control and influence more than possession and utilization.

Take a rich mans mansion and split it among 1000 starving people, how many can dine off of one chandelier? It may sparkle but it does not serve a beneficial function, except the employment during its manufacture.

It is not what you possess, it is what you do with what you possess which is representative of yourself in this world.

So how many rooms does the Dali Lama live in?

One.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
All this "Free Tibet" stuff is pointless propaganda. Sure the old Tibet was a monastic treacherous country, and yes they are much better off now than they were before the occupation, and yes China is prohibiting many freedoms within Tibet. All this stuff is true and it sucks, but as one blogger had mentioned, countries are ALWAYS looking out for their best interests. The simple answer that so many people fail to recognize is that China, as long as they are a powerful country, will NEVER give Tibet full autonomy. Why? Because the lifeline of China begins in Tibet: the yellow river. It doesn't take much to understand that all Tibet would have to do in order to conquer all of China is to A. redirect the yellow river, or B. poison it, along with many other options. I don't think China feels very comfortable with either of those options. So we can sit here and complain all we want about getting a "Free Tibet" with the return of the Dahlia Lama but truth is its will not now and never will happen as long as China can help it. Oh, this is not a bias and I'm not Chinese, I'm an American, and I like to think, contrary to what most people in the U.S. do nowadays. Again "Stop letting stupid people (actors) think for you" people. Do the research your self, that goes for all you tree huggin' global warming hippies too.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join