It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Still Call It The White House?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Will We Still Call It The White House?

trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com

While a number of speakers -- such as Railroad Commission chairman Michael Williams and Mike Huckabee -- have praised the advance of Barack Obama and what it means towards a colorblind society, at least one vendor hasn't gotten the message.

At the Republican state convention, a booth hosted by Republicanmarket was selling a pin Saturday that says: If Obama is President will we still call it the White House.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'd like to think that the constituencies of the GOP would do a better job of protecting their image, so to speak.

I have heard this same questioned posed by a Jewish friend. This attitude is gross, no matter how isolated people will argue it is.

There were other pins that weren't necessarily conveying the positive, inclusive, united front that has been portrayed during the convention. One said, "Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Deportation" and another, "I will hold my nose when I vote for McCain"

Not too bad... Just don't cross the line, that's all I'm saying.

AAC

trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Stay classy republicans....

What is sad is that there is probably a large group of people that would wear that with pride.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Meh, not really surprised to be honest with you.

My rules of sociology (abridged greatly):

1) People are stupid

2) Bigotry, hate, blindness, self-loathing, and ignorance know no sides, no color, and no politics. They are everywhere and seem to be breeding.

3) Where there are people, there's someone trying to make a buck propagating idiocy.

I'm sure any group would love to say "Whew, at least we are different than them." but they aren't. We are monkeys with cool toys and a superficial image of elevated society, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see whether Obama will change it to some other name.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by roche
It will be interesting to see whether Obama will change it to some other name.

How could he change it to another name? It is the White House, as it has always been. I fail to recognize the connection with paint and skin color?

AAC

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
"Hurr, hurr - dats funny 'cuz Obama is black".

Anyway, I'm just curious but is there anything conspiritorial/alternative about this? Seems like this should be more "political" than "alternative" news.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

My rules of sociology (abridged greatly):

1) People are stupid

2) Bigotry, hate, blindness, self-loathing, and ignorance know no sides, no color, and no politics. They are everywhere and seem to be breeding.

3) Where there are people, there's someone trying to make a buck propagating idiocy.

If there was a #4, would it be a positive characteristic?

AAC

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

If there was a #4, would it be a positive characteristic?

AAC

lol, well not to be a Donnie Downer, but yeah there are positive ideas in my rules of human nature and sociology, but this was a seriously abridged version (which I've considered putting into more of a book).

It covered the most salient points, which is to say that oddly people have the view that we are somehow educated (when few really are). They confuse paper with learning or don't care about it at all.

Just found out one of my co-workers (24 years old) had NEVER finished a book in his entire life. And he meant never.

I'd be surprise to find out this wasn't common, so it probably is to varying degrees.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There is a pre-existing thread on this topic Here

Please add all further thoughts to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join