It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbing us into environmental submission?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ok, I had this idea in a fit on boredom, but tell me what you guys think. Are the powers that be trying to force a change in our environmental habits by increasing the cost of fossil energy? After all, wouldn't most people seek an environmentally friendly alternative to driving if it hit them where it counts, in the wallet.

I found this blog about it in a quick google search, so it looks like I'm not the only one who thinks so.
freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com...

But in the end, could the Illuminati, Masons, Bilderbergers, Reptilians, NWO or whoever trying to force a change in our lifestyles to better protect the planet?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Now theres one I haven't heard.

Different, controversial, I like it.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I believe the cost increase is to ease environmental rules and to open up more drilling offshore. People will think 'yes' if it will stop the cost increases. This should work like a charm.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

This is algoros dream, he wrote it in his crappy book. He and all other liberal half-wits want the price of gas to be as high as possible so people stop driving cars.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What's so bad about attempting to change the way people use fossil fuels? Wouldn't it be best to use alternative forms of energy?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

the answer is obvious, namely that it depends on the alternative:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i predict that in the end, the current manic phase of doomsaying will make way for nuclear power everywhere. not sure i like it.

new topics

top topics

join