It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Earths Spotted- Begginning of Disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Super Earths Spotted- Begginning of Disclosure?

www.todayonline.com

"Clearly these planets are only the tip of the iceberg," says Mayor. "The analysis of all the stars studied with HARPS shows that about one third of solar-like stars have either super-Earth or Neptune-like planets with orbital periods shorter than 50 days."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Could the release of this information be the beginning of disclosure? We've always felt like their could be something but just a few weeks ago they had found planets on another star.

"In a year or two, it is likely that we will find habitable planets circling small stars" such as the Sun, said Setphane Udry, a researcher at Switzerland's Geneva Observatory and a member of the team that made the discovery."

Which causes me to wonder why they put such things off. Another Quote said something that made me think... Why have they been putting this stuff off for so long? Is there something that the world needs to know now or what?

"The first exoplanet was detected in 1995, and less than 280 had been catalogued before today's findings, unveiled at an astronomy conference in Nantes, France."

With all that is going on, What do you all think? Is this the beginning of a phase for disclosure? Maybe they decided its about time?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

At that site titled "Why NASA wathces out for true UFOs" it seems they are trying to turn what people are discovering on their own into a joke.

www.todayonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well I think disclosure is very gradual and will never be as defined as many people hope. If any legitimate info is to be released, it will be at their pace and at their discretion.

That said, let's not forget the recent statement by the Vatican:

news.bbc.co.uk...

The original article evidently appeared in the Vatican newspaper and was entitled, 'Aliens Are My Brother.'

Also, whether or not the Peckman 'alien in the window' video is a hoax or not, it has indeed received wide media coverage:

www.youtube.com...

Real or not, people are looking at it. UFOs seem to be a real hot topic lately, whether it be on Larry King, more frequent mentions by reliable news sources, Discover Channel, UFO Hunters, etc. More and more movies are using it in the storyline (Indiana Jones 4 is the biggest, latest example).

And here's an article that appeared in Sydney's newspaper just today regarding Gary Mckinnon (who hacked into the Pentagon's computers to find evidence of UFO's and the alien presence -- and he believes he found it)

www.smh.com.au...

Interview: www.youtube.com...

Disclosure is now, but it will be tremendously slow & painful if those 'in the know' have real control over it. And still, the unbelievable nature of the subject will remain a hindrance for a large part of the population for some time.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
if you think this is part of "disclosure", do you think the scientists who discovered these bodies are in on the secret too?

I'm always amazed that people think this conspiracy runs so deep.

I'm more amazed that people think a government that is incompetant in every other way, are somehow experts at this one conspiracy and somehow actually know a lot about something so esoteric when they know very little about everything else

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamesder
I'm more amazed that people think a government that is incompetant in every other way, are somehow experts at this one conspiracy and somehow actually know a lot about something so esoteric when they know very little about everything else

Who says they are incompetant in every other way? Them?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by jamesder

Who says they are incompetant in every other way? Them?

Sorry, I was referring to the US Government. No explanation need there.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by jamesder]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jamesder

No, Jamesder.

I believe that the Government asks certain people to be quiet about certain things... However you do have a good point. Do you not think though that the outbreak of such news of many many planets being found throughout the universe is just a fluke?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Im looking over your posts at the moment... Thanks for adding research. It is much appreciated.

Very well said Evasius. I have the same feelings on the subject

Im hope to attract those opposed to this view and figure out what they think.

I think a lot of the subject matters we see here on ATS are linked together in a very distant but yet connected way here also.

GOOD POINTS!

[edit on 17-6-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jamesder

The Government is not incompetent... People are and people make up our government. and AGAIN. Do you not think any of this is related?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Thanks to Evasius... it reminded of the point I wanted to make

The vatican is saying its ok to believe in ExtraTerrestrial life

If you look on ATS there are reporetdly more and more sightings appearing in England/Europe... (United Nations)

NASA's Current Mission to Mars looking for biological life and water

It appears that the Governments are working in unison to bring attention that there may be life out there to the unbelieivers and confirm it for the true believers. Thats just my honest oppinion.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelterDo you not think though that the outbreak of such news of many many planets being found throughout the universe is just a fluke?

It's not a fluke, it's the result of the continued study of the universe utilizing the newest technologies. The more time that passes and the greater our technology becomes, the more we'll know about our universe.

The discovery that the solar system is not earth-centric was not a part of disclosure, it was an advancement of knowledge utilizing the newest technology available to man. The discovery of Pluto was not part of disclosure; the discovery of ice on mars was not part of disclosure; the discovery of planets near our solar system is not part of disclosure.

If the US Government has a recovered craft or has confirmed that there are craft in our atmosphere that are not our own, it doesn't mean they know who they are or where they come from.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Please use original thread to continue the discussion:

Astronomers Find Batch of 'Super Earths'

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join