It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Treasures In The Grand Canyon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I came across an article claiming about an alledged area of the Grand Canyon that is closed off to the public & in this area there is places with Egyptian names, plus supposed remains of Egpytian influence in an underground cave system.

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

Also from April 5th, 1909, there appeared a front page story in the Arizona Gazette. It told of an archeological expedition in the heart of the Grand Canyon funded by the Smithsonian Institute. It is a rich story of finding a labyrinth of man-made tunnel systems high above the Colorado River, a virtual citadel filled with ancient artifacts, hieroglyphs, armor, statues of deities and even mummies. Anyone contacting the Smithsonian Institute will receive a polite "no records found" reply to an inquiry about their supposed role in the Grand Canyon.

www.keelynet.com...

Does anyone know anymore about this or have heard of this before, or goes anyone know about the off limit areas of the Grand Canyon?

Mod Edit: Removed All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
kimballcollege.com

Glenn Kimball was on C2C talking about this ~ 2weeks ago........

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Poor Kenton is gone...RIP.

Was there an earthquake there? I ask because of Project Blue Beam.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Seems he's drawing conclusions based on a temple no one can find. Sure it's possible that the Egyptians made it to the Americas, there is some circumstantial proof. But, this fellow is mostly basing his stuff on Sacred Geometry and conflicting reports. As for a hidden part of the Canyon... don't people make regular trips down the river? If there was one, people would be camping about it and talking about it much like they do with Area 51.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Maybe, on the finding of a cavern by river runners.

A lot of the area has steep cliffs and they are seldom if ever explored by tourists or the white water rafting companies.

So there could be something interesting in some of the caves higher up and they would require exploration by folks well versed in climbing.

Along these same lines, if there had been a cavern full of Egyptian artifacts found it wouldn't take long until a museum was working with the state to properly explore it.

And not long after some or all of the cavern would be a tourist attraction.

As a small aside, just driving the highways here in N/W Arizona you'll see from the highway a lot of caverns and the like up high on the cliffs.
Some of them would take a modest, but steep hike to explore.

I would not be surprised if a curious person found evidence of use in these caverns.
Either by ancient peoples or the local indian population in the area.

Most times, people think you need to go deep into the desert to find interesting things to explore, but some of the most interesting stuff we've found is within view of major highways.
And by that I mean you can either see the highway from the site, or climb a small rise and view the highway.

(Edited for clarification)

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here's a link to Rense.com page entitled, Ancient Egyptian Treasures In The Grand Canyon? which has several more pages on this topic.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
excerpt from page referenced above:

The following narration shows how I came to be convinced of an exact location in the Grand Canyon that is a key to this story (regardless of whether the newspaper article is a hoax or not), and contains mathematical proof. This story also reveals an ancient cartographic code that led me to this conclusion, and the meaningful coincidences that unfolded as I pursued this mystery.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
...it's possible that the Egyptians made it to the Americas, there is some circumstantial proof. ...

They've found coc aine and tobacco in mummies, which are new world plants. And you call this "circumstantial proof"?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
LOL. Nice.

Circumstantial in the event that perchance a gust of wind picked up some cocoa and tobacco leaves here in the Americas and carried them across the Atlantic to Africa.

I understand that "circumstantial" has to be used when discussing this type of proof because we have no idea of how such substances come to reside with the mummified remains.

Did the Native Americans travel to Europe and Africa, or vise versa? More than likely, given the strength and reach of the Egyptian Empire, most unscientific theorist can safely assume that it was the Egyptians that collected such substances from the "New World", but without scientific documentation, it's hard for the science community to make any direct link.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

In response to the "off limits" areas of the Grand Canyon, that's a big
10-4 , I worked there the summer of 1978, and even back then there were places even employees could not go. There were also some pretty cool places that only employees could go. However , Isis Temple was not on the employee only list back then. I have experienced "missing time" at the Canyon, but more importantly, I have experienced spans of total universal conscienceness(sp), at Supai, up on the Red Wall. It is definately a unique place on this planet !! *snip* Tony Sousa

mod edit: personal information removed

[edit on 29-6-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'v read so many storries of Kinkaids discovery of these legendary Egyptian Caverns but one thing stands out in my mind as the number one proof of its non-existance is the fact that there is no apparent 'spoils', as in soil from such a herculean amount of excivation as described by Kinkaids discription of its interior size. Surely a cave complex of the size described would displace hundreds of thousands of cubic yards of dirt and rock.... most likely sedimentary in composition

top topics

join