It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atkins Diet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Just wondering what everyone thinks about this whole Atkins Conspiracy. my last thread kinda relates to it. I think that a total, or almost total diet of NO carbs isn't such a good thing. I love my carbs and will never give them up, but how healthy can this be? Your intaking tons of fat, and all the meat you want. So how is this good for you? I think that dieting and eating less is the key. I also don't like that every place i go to eat has a section in their menu that is "Atkins Approved" I mean, everyone, including fast food places are cashing in on it!!! If the Atkins diet is soooooo good, then why wasn't anyone on this diet before Atkins died??

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
at my school, everyone jokes about Atkins dying on his own diet, idk if this is true or not, but that would sure lure me away from using it

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
atkins fat?

?????

[Edited on 3/4/2004 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah I heard Dr. Atkin was fat.

What's up with that?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't think the Atkins diet, taken strictly as it's written, is very good for you.
Eating half a dozen fried eggs and a slab of bacon for breakfast every morning isn't good for your arteries, no matter how few carbs you're eating.
And that much protein? No thanks, I like my kidneys how they are....functioning normally.

People want an easy way out. The Atkins diet promises super-fast weight loss, and it delivers. It isn't so up-front about the fact that once you start eating carbs again, you blow right back up.

What ever happened to exercising and eating a lower-fat, balanced diet all the time? It's not hard.

-B.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
People need to learn that its not necessarily ALL carbs that make you fat...fiber is something we need very much. Most carbs that should be avoided are things like sugar, white bread, white potatoes, white rice, anything white and starchy. Fruit, processed sugars, things like that. The real test for carbs is how high it ranks on the glycemic index--whenever you ingest a carbohydrate your body releases insulin, which can cause you to store fat. Certain carbs-such as white bread-are very high on the glycemic index, meaning they flood your body with an insulin surge, promoting fat storage. This is why we have so many new Type-2 diabetics in our country from processed carbs that spike your insulin so much. Here is a link to a list of foods, and where they rank:

www.pihealth.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It's a sad turn of events but happening all across the country. People are losing dear family and friends to the Atkins fad, and it's just not right.

No I don't mean people are dying... I mean they get so frailing ANNOYING you have to cut off contact just to get them to shut the hell up about their stupid diet.

Damn witnessing diet guru followers trying to convert everyone. It's a cult!!! Deprogram the bread haters!

Eating habits are one step removed from bowel habits and even LESS interesting. Keep your Atkins religion to yourself please.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Banshee - your totally right, what ever did happen to the good ole' fasion diet of just eating right, a good balanced meal
Shoktek - thanks for the link. Its interesting to see where all the foods rank,
RANT- they are very annoying, my boss's wife made him start the Atkins diet with her, and he dosn't even need it, he's not overweight or anything. she keeps saying how good it is for them..... good? i don't think so!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have a friend who was on this diet. he lost 40 pounds pretty fast. but as soon as we stopped the diet it came right back. He finally came to his senses and went to the old fashioned exercise and eating a balanced meal.

top topics

join