It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Day, Another Dream.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well, as the title suggests, this topic is to address the question of just why i have such disturbing dreams and nightmares.

Last night i had another one, this time i was talking to my brother and i asked him why he picked a fight with me (we went to it a few weeks ago), and he said;

"I want you to be a weapon, a powerful one".

As usually happens in my dreams, whenever something contradicts my personality i wake up.

Naturally, i don't much like the idea of being a weapon, no matter how powerful.

My question to ATS is thus, and i thank skyfloating for enabling me to ask it in this way;

Do you think i have some sort of deep-seated psychological issue that perhaps is impossible for me to reconcile, or should i just go on holiday for a while (which usually works)?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It is tough to say without knowing what else is going on in your life. When my family life hit some tough times my dreams took a drastic change. I regularly started having dreams about fighting people, screaming at people I know, killing people etc. I honestly didn't think my daily life was disturbing me too bad, but my dreams told a different story.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Never dreamt of killing people, i'm lucky in that aspect*.

I'm usually very calm in my dreams, very similar to my behaviour in reality.

My problem at the minute is that i appear to be experiencing some sort of 'slow-burn' effect, which i've dealt with before but it's not very pleasant.

*Dreamt about killing space-aliens actually... maybe i'm not so lucky...

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Yeah, it isn't normal for me either. That was one of the reasons I had to really evaluate what was going on that triggered it. My dreams just took on a huge RAGE if that makes any sense. They would be very intense.

I have been known to have bizarre dreams regularly, but the rage was something new.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

My dreams just took on a huge RAGE if that makes any sense.

I can tell from this sentence that our psychology differs greatly.

I can only experience rage by triggering it mentally, and i'll not expose any living thing to that kind of casual maliciousness.

Which unfortunately, may be the cause of my worries, now that i think about it.

I fear my own anger...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Interesting. Has something happened recently that would trigger this sudden fear of your own anger? Is there an event coming up that could be causing the anxiety?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

It's actually possible this is quite deep-seated.

I can remember quite a long way back, i have what you would call an "Emotive Memory" which allows me to remember something more vividly if i feel the same way i did back then.

I'm not going to go into the details, but it would help to explain why i have such a fear of Anger.

Anger is a destructive force, one that served to split apart my family.

Scarily enough, you are right on the second part too.

I'm sure you'll of noticed the thread on the alien(?) being born from a cow, and if not you can click the link in my signature.

It's gotten to the point where my dreams are no longer even based on my own personal experiences, as after all, i've never seen a cow give birth even once in my entire life!

I am under no doubts that i can cope with the mental stress that i am being put under, but it's... aggravating...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Well, good luck with it man. I am not sure if I helped or not. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

After reading several of your posts I believe you to be an intelligent person. You would probably know of past events in your life that could make you uncomfortable.

Being members of ATS we are exposed to problems in the world that disturb us. We feel helpless and unable to right the wrongs done to so many people. This alone could cause one to have dreams associated with anger.

Maybe the weapon your brother wants you to become ( in your dream ) is a powerful weapon against tyranny. Not a weapon to cause harm but a weapon to do good.

I do like the idea of a holiday. That would help you clear your mind and eases some of the stress you may be having.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Unfortunately, that's not the kind of person i am.

I'm an equal opportunity type of person, and as such, if i were indeed to embrace the idea of becoming a weapon, it would not be for a good cause.

There have been events in my past in which anger has seemed an appropiate emotion to hold, and because of a mere second of willingness, i delivered a kick to directly under the antagonist's jaw (left side), which if i was unlucky had the potential to seriously wound him (coma/paralysis/fatality).

That is the kind of precise lethality i am capable of.

Do you understand why i am afraid of my own anger now?

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
This alone could cause one to have dreams associated with anger.

You mis-understand.

I do not dream angry dreams, i dream nice dreams (most of the time), but every now and again i have a dream which totally and utterly conflicts with my personality.

I acknowledge that the mind is a thing unto itself, and that i possess really very little control over the subconcious part (other than stress-relief lol).

I sincerely hope that this is just my mind developing and not going haywire.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well if going on vacation usually works and if it also works this time, then you already have the answer.

Im always of the opinion that any psychological issue is fully or sometimes partially related to tension/stress/overwhelm.

Furthermore nightmares are healthy in the sense that they mean "processing" stuff.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hmm... maybe i could go sight-seeing around England looking for medieval buildings or something, i've wanted to do that for a while, just to take in the architecture...

"Stuff" is an apt word for it, btw.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Anyway, Naturally, just communicating my problems has served to lessen the levels of stress i am under, so i thank the members of ATS who have taken an interest in my bizarre mental patterns for their charity.

If you guys ever have trouble dealing with the conspiratorial nature of this website, you're welcome to get it off your chest.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Hmm... maybe i could go sight-seeing around England looking for medieval buildings or something, i've wanted to do that for a while, just to take in the architecture...

"Stuff" is an apt word for it, btw.

Yeah. In wandering around taking in medieval buildings and green meadows there will be no more need for your sleeping-self to process anything because it didnt get any input other than castles and grass.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Ah.

You've just highlighted a fairly accurate possibility - input.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
To put it differently:

We often thing nightmares are indicators that there is something subconscious that needs to be "processed".

My disagreement with this notion is, that the nightmare itself IS already the "processing".

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I forgot, the stuff i think about carries an impact as well.

I might go meditate for a while, that ought to do the trick.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Whenever I drift off into a place where I start having nightmares its just a "wake-up-call" for me to feed myself with different types of stuff...so yeah...looking at green meadows and quaint castles and meditating will indeed make the nightmares quit. Im pretty sure of that.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well, quit until i come back, of course.

Which is ultimately the problem, it's all well and good being able to clear my mind of all stressful thought and inhibition, but i don't see why i should find it nessecary to do that in the first place.

Which brings me back to my fear of anger.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join