It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing plane/ufo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I was laying outisde about and hour ago (11:55pm) 6/14/08. When I noticed a small light in the sky. I didnt think it was anything other than a plane, but i noticed how small it seemed.. I assumed it was just flying rather high but then thought if it was flying that high it must be traveling VERY fast. Almost twice that of a regular plane.

When it did something cool. It turned A darker color of blue then faded lighter untill it disappeared.

The object was seen traveling from the north west going south east.

Object seen over central iowa.

It was too slow for a "shooting star" about 10 seconds after it disappeared A commercail plane flew by Traveling west. My best estimate would be the object was 1/5 the size of the plane.

I dont have a camera (other than my cell phone wich is usless) so i didnt get any pictures...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hiyah Hardcore

Thanks for posting your sighting. Perhaps others in Iowa saw it too. Hope you don't have too much flooding in your area!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I highly doubt anyone else even noticed it. Im surprised it even caught my eye.

I wouldnt have even thought anything about it except the fact that it just disappeared right out of no where.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There are reports here in Los Angeles that at that same time lights were seen in the sky here

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

Yes, they do that all the time. You should watch planes more often. It's because of the blue tint of the atmosphere in the distance. Something to do with the Rayleigh scattering of light.

I remember seeing a plane get into a cloud and never get out on the other side. It was surprising as the plane was not very high.

[edit on 2008-6-16 by nablator]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the report. This is in no way intended to discredit what you recounted; I think anecdotal accounts are the real "meat" of UFO study.

Want to share this with you though. Last week, when the ISS and shuttle were crossing here in tandem, we saw a similar phenomenon. There was a bright, partial moon, and as the two passed near the moon, they appeared, from our vantage point, to fade to blue, then wink out. We sat and tried to figure why this was. Fortunately, we knew what we were looking at. I kinda think that the sunlight reflected off the ISS and shuttle were somewhat neutralized by the reflected moonlight.

You know what I'd do? I'd go on www.heavens-above.com, plug in your location and watch for satellites/ISS etc. to flyover and see if they look similar to you.

On the other hand, this might be a riteous sighting...... just thought I'd share that with you.

Cheers

[edit for spelling]

[edit on 16-6-2008 by argentus]

top topics

join