It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The colorful spots in this photo are not UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is more a knowledge share than a revalation... oh well, to me it is.
I was doing some very late night shots with 30 sec exposures.
When I was about to develope them I noticed those spots you'll see.

I want to show these to give a heads up if you haven't already experienced this yourself.

Close-up:

The dots you see are in fact pixel artifacts from the chip. Each dot represent a sensor on the chip or maybe a group I'm not sure. You can tell this from the colors they have. I admit it doesn't look like it here, bu in the raw converter they are destinctly, red, green and blue.
Why this occurs I can't tell for sure. It might be that bad lighting and long exposure or it could be the chip that is run down and starting to fail in individual sensors.

Anyways, when I saw these I thought that someone along the way might encounter this and go "holy crap a ufo!?", when in fact it's just their camera playing tricks on em.

Cheers for now

Edit:
Having checked another image from this batch, it's apparent that it's something in the chip that is bad
same color same place.
Be good to your equipment...

Please post your own "non ufo" footage... I don't mean photos of a guy standing in his flat putting on an alien suit. But more footage where you for a brief moment thought "huh?" but then managed to debunk yourself.
We are still being hurt by uncritical submitting.
So let's help eliminating some obvious bloopers for later reference.
If you got unsharp or blurred images of birds, post them, headline them with "birds" or whatever is on the footage.

So many times have people asked for reference but we didn't have any. Well that can change.

Cheers

[edit on 14/6/08 by flice]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Your pictures are not showing, so perhaps some work needs to be done here to repost them.

I think this thread could be an excellent visual tool for comparisons in the future. It would perhaps allow for quicker ID on "Unknowns."

I have also closed the later thread on this subject and directed traffic here.

NGC2736

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Cheers... I'll redo the photos and upload them again. Would be nice also if I could show the colors as they appear in raw. Will get right on it.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Is there anyway to do a title change? Your title does not reflect the broader intent.

new topics

top topics

join