It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powell tells B.C. crowd he might vote for Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Powell tells B.C. crowd he might vote for Obama

www.theglobeandmail.com

VANCOUVER -- Colin Powell, the former Republican secretary of state, says he is not ruling out a vote for Barack Obama, the presumed Democratic nominee for president.

While Mr. Powell served in the administrations of two Republican presidents, he suggested yesterday his support for presumed Republican nominee John McCain is not a forgone conclusion.

He noted that although both he and Mr. Obama are black, he would not cast a vote for the Illinois senator on the basis of race. "I will vote for the individual I think that brings the best set of tools to the problems of 21st-century America and the 21st-century world regardless of party, regardless of anything else other than the most qualified candidate," Mr. Powell said at a news conference before delivering a speech to about 800 people attending a leadership forum at the Vancouver Convention Centre.

"Both of them certainly have the qualifications to be the president of the United States, but both of them cannot be," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ya know this is going to be an interesting year.

I wonder if Obama has considered Powell for VP... it certainly would be a very shrewd move.

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It had crossed my mind about Powell since Obama had mentioned someone with military experience. But, since he was a republican and worked with the weapons of mass destruction issue, supposedly, as a Bush cronie, it's hard not to forget that. It's almost as if this was planned ahead of time, slipping out the back door and back in line for the front? You may as well bring on Rice also. Maybe we should ask Sylvia Browne to part of the admistration as well? She can double as a tour guide.

I don't dislike Powell, it's just suspicious when it comes to politics. If only I hadn't lost my crystal ball radio.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Powell really wasn't a bush crony... he was brought on to give bush minor foreign experience crediblity... and then promptly got the shaft.

I personally would vote for Powell over McCain anyday.... that if is I were to vote Republican.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

If it had been Powell who ran for president in 2000 we wouldn't have been in this disgusting shameful mess we're in. (I happen to like Powell)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I happen to agree with you. I really have no problem with real Republicans and real conservatives, its just a matter of a difference of opinion on solutions, but I can still respect them but the nihilists that have taken over the party are nothing of the sort and I have no respect for them whatsoever.

Powell is authentic... bush minor, cheney the dick and the rest of those movement conservatives are only on the make looking out just for the rich and the richer and screw the little guy.

new topics

top topics

join