It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tree Grown From Ancient Seed Found in Jewish Fortress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Tree Grown From Ancient Seed Found in Jewish Fortress

www.foxnews.com

Scientists have grown a tree from what may be the oldest seed ever germinated.

The new sapling was sprouted from a 2,000-year-old date palm excavated in Masada, the site of a cliff-side fortress in Israel where ancient Jews are said to have killed themselves to avoid capture by Roman invaders.
Carbon dating revealed that they date from roughly the time of the ancient fortress' siege, in A.D. 73

The new date plant may hold the key to rediscovering ancient healing techniques.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The scientific name of the plant: Phoenix Dactylifera....

The return of an extinct plant to Israel from the site of Masada, where Jews flung themselves from a cliff rather than give in to Roman rule.

I am not religious but... I have got an eerie feeling this could be a sign...

THE RISE OF THE PHOENIX!
An extinct plant is resurrected in the Holy Land.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It is to be hoped that this tree is female.

The ancient world made a healing elixir to be taken as a drink as well as a kind of tablet that could be taken for healing.

I am convinced that everything we need to heal us grows on the face of the Earth and that Big Pharma is simply a perversion of what was created and given freely for all.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is an interesting development that bodes well for the international seed bank in Svalbard, Norway.

If a seed could survive a desert environment for 2000 years and still germinate; imagine how long the seeds in the Svalbard seed bank will last!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
WOW. Just wow. What do you think would happen if they planted one of these things straight into the earth? Re-introducing elements long since dead to the earth in its entirety. Spiritual awakening? If they decide to plant gardens of it in 2012, we know what's up.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Considering the plant was exported out of Judea, I don't think they did so without a profit, and I'm pretty sure the main people with access to it's medicinal properties outside of the country were the same crowd that get the best meds today.

I almost posted a thread about this, glad I used the search function first. Personally, I think this is really cool, I hope they are able to get more seeds, ad bring back the green to the area.

top topics

join