It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific evidence we came from the stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Saw this on tv tonight and found the article online; makes for some interesting reading...

www.channel4.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusBob

can you give us a brief synopsis? Some of us are real busy here and it would help if you give us some kind of idea what our time will be spent on. I do know Carl Sagan always said "we are star stuff" in his series cosmos is that what this is all about??

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Will do, It goes something like this; Scientists have found traces of DNA/RNA neucleotides on a meteor which crashed here in 1969 and from this they have discovered that DNA can only naturally occur when using a specific type of Carbon atom which can only be found outside of earth, they debunked the idea of life originating from a primordial ooze here on Earth as our native carbon atoms have proven too heavy for the natural synthesis of neucleotides.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by OptimusBob]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I can come from the stars also if i knock myself in the head with a 2x4.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
read the terrapapers... this just confirms it. We have dna that is not from here.. it is mixed with earthly dna .. but some of it is from another star system.... Great find!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Haha! Alienstar, that's one of those jokes that's so bad, it's hilarious - this just in; no, it's not.

Nah, just kiddin - or maybe not!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusBob
- - - they debunked the idea of life originating from a primordial ooze here on Earth as our native carbon atoms have proven too heavy for the natural synthesis of neucleotides.

That's not correct. They didn't say human DNA/RNA contains the 'wrong' carbon. Normal Carbon is C12 and we are made from that. The heavier Carbon 13 isotope occurs mainly in space. They said that the nucleobases found in the meteorite contained C13, which is more normal in ET molcules. Because Earth's 'primordial soup' is now believed to have been too simple it is thought to be an unlikely source of DNA/RNA nucleotides. So, the ET source is a distinct possibility. The origins of life may well have been seeded on Earth by meteorites (see Panspermia Theory)
Human DNA, being synthesised from Earthly carbon sources, contains essentially the normal lighter isotope C12. However, the fact is we are indeed made from star stuff - as Sagan describes in Cosmos. All the matter in the universe, all the different atoms, from helium to the heaviest metals, were all created in the stars from hydrogen. We came from the stars, but not quite in the way you described.

WG3

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
BIBLICAL EVIDENCE that we come from God maker of heaven and earth. Read the Bible it will tell you where we come from and much more! And this is a fact!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out (and the wiki link) WG3, as for Redsonya, I respect your right to your OPINION, but just because you read a book that says we were created thousands of years ago doesn't make it FACT.

One word, dinosaurs.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Looks like Moby had it right all along.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I believe panspermia is likely.

But I don't rule out the possibility of external intelligent influence too.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Schaden]

new topics

top topics

join