It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INVISIBLITY CLOAKS - avail. at Target for $39.99

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, not exactly... but they did actually build a invisibility cloak for microwaves. This article reports the disclosure of building a sound cloak as being very feasible and being done soon. Obviously the math exists for light, it's just a matter of developing the physics and engineering...
Heck the way tech usually crawls to the public, this is all probably bull compared to how far the research has really gone... but if they have or will achieve cloaking for visible wavelengths... the implications are mind boggling.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Visible wavelength invisibility may or may not be possible - but optical camoflage certainly is.

FYI: DoD is all over this tech

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

that is the most amazing video i've ever seen

flagged and starred

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Pretty amazing video.
I remember seeing this one morning on the bbc about 6 months ago if i remember correctly.
I think this was around at the same time the 'invisible tank' was announced but I heard more about it on Have I Got News For You rather than the news.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

This sound cloak is new to me actually but looks pretty interesting.
Here are some links to the invisible tank that i mentioned in the previous post.
I can't beleive it was even released to th main stream media.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hmm, I might look into buying one of those things.

If it really does repel microwave signals, then it should be able to deflect the HAARP project's mental attacks.

BTW: If you don't know, the HAARP can transmit microwave singals from 3hz to 20hz. Anything in that range is the human brain's working frequency. Also, this technology has been used before in 1972 when a guniea pig soldier had an experiment performed on him to try to have voice to skull technology, just by using microwaves. It worked.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Hi not wanting to rain on your parade or anything but that clip you provided from youtube is fake.

Maybe fake is the wrong word.

It's more of an optical illusion.

It's just projected pre-set images onto the front of the object you wish to use.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 15-6-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
Hi not wanting to rain on your parade or anything but that clip you provided from youtube is fake.

Maybe fake is the wrong word.

It's more of an optical illusion.
It's just projected pre-set images onto the front of the object you wish to use.

Regards
Lee

Lee,
Yes, Fake is the wrong word.
If you had read my post you would have noticed that I differentiated between invisibility and "optical camouflage", which is exactly what the technique is called.

There is nothing fake about it unless you think I'm trying to pass it off as genuine "invisibility", it's just low tech camouflage.

The air force is doing things a bit differently however, by applying sensors (cameras) on the top of an aircraft and plasma panels on the bottom of the aircraft - and projecting to the viewer on the ground, the sky above the aircraft. This is also known as "active" or "optical" camouflage, aka "visual stealth".

Rumors were that the Boeing Bird of Prey or the X-36 tailess tech demo employed such a camouflage although it was never confirmed.

Natalie~

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Well im sorry if i came of as being brash.

To make up for it take a look at this video pay special attention to the guy running across the screen near the end of the clip 2:59 mark.

www.liveleak.com...

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

neat stuff. as best I can tell (your video post), what's being shown is kind of like a live action green screen. Basically, the wavelengths being projected only reflect off of certain colors OR are only reflected by a certain substance/color (I think that might be the same statement repeated?) Anyway, if you look at the final example in the video, you can see this illustrated. Notice the altered hue of the image projected on the jacket - see it's green tint? anyway, still neat to see, even if it's not gonna help me rob any billionaires.

To other poster:

Oh yeah, and who is that guy at the end of that insurgent video? what the heck is that all about? very weird?!?!?!

[edit on 6/15/2008 by verbal kint]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee

Well im sorry if i came of as being brash.

To make up for it take a look at this video pay special attention to the guy running across the screen near the end of the clip 2:59 mark.

www.liveleak.com...

Take care.

Regards
Lee

Very interesting video, but why did the "cloaked" person jump into the tank? I assume it was fully crewed and there is no way an extra person would fit in there. I think its the commanders compartment, and it is extremely cramped in there, I actually couldn't believe how cramped it is when I saw it myself.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lecter

If you notice the cloaked guy had no personal weapon.

I must assume he was doing some form of recce then as the tank arrived he went over to it to report his finding's.

Being as a tank was his best chance of survival with the protection it provided and more than likeley the best way for him to convey his information to a higher command.

Few thing's to note are the guy's in the background actually notice something moving to the tank so they come and investigate.

Also the guy was not armed this make's perfect sense any weapon would render his suit useless.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 16-6-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

of course it would be a bunch of asians dancing to Chrono Trigger music! Hahaha! word.

top topics

join