It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We`d Need A New Policy For Posting Videos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Areas were the great gas conspiracy takes place including a cemetery region.

Gas Drilling Region in PA

[edit on 13-6-2008 by elevatedone]

Title edit.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I use this post as an example.

Do we need a new policy for posting videos from Youtube and all the other online sources?

I can't tell you the number of times I've read a thread title and thought, that sounds interesting, only to open it and there it is, a link to a video with no description of what I'm going to be seeing.

Sometimes the title of the thread doesn't give enough info of what we're going to get in the video.

I can't view videos here at work ( where I do most of my ATS'ing ) and by the time I get home, I forget which threads I wanted to check out.

I'd like to see a new rule, to where if you're posting a link to a video, you also are required to write a paragraph, explaining a little bit of what is in the video.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
what great gas conspericy.

also if this place is so top secret i would think they would have a little more than a yellow gate and a sign saying keep out.

yawn.. i cant believe i woke up for this..

JSR

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I can't view videos here at work ( where I do most of my ATS'ing ) and by the time I get home, I forget which threads I wanted to check out.

yes yes yes !!!
i too have a server at work that wont allow me to view any vidoe or audio. along with a paragraph of explaination, there should be a screen shot of any relevent object. (mainly for the UFO forum).

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

you really dont want to waste the 8.24 minutes it takes to watch the vid. its just some kids filming a shack in the woods and calling it a secret location..

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Your right, just to post a video without any explanation or your thoughts on it at all, or minimal description at best should be considered as a one liner. I am sorry but we want your opinion on the subject your trying to show us.

There could be an exception if the person created the video themselves as this would fit into the criteria of expressing your own opinion and so then the rule would not apply. However if you are just posting someone else's video and have no input of your own then I say we need to change this directive to make this an offence of the one liner sort.

When someone posts just one line or a brief description of a video and we are left with nothing to go on, there can't be much discussion about the topic at hand. I want to know what the original poster thought about the video they have deemed worthy of posting here and why they felt that this video should be posted. This is not a second YouTube site where a copy of the original video gets to be hosted. This is a discussion board and as such the rule and policy should reflect that objective. That way we have the original poster showing us some piece of video and explaining their side of the discussion so that we the membership can respond to the poster.

Otherwise I could just follow the link and make my comments of the video on YouTube. There just doesn't need to be two of the same video floating round the Internet.

[edit on 6/13/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, I guess you learn something new everyday...

1i.) Videos: While we do allow video embedding, as long as the content of the video meets the requirements of these Terms and Conditions, you will not embed a video with no commentary from you that describes the video and why it is germane to the topic of the thread.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I can't tell you the number of times I've read a thread title and thought, that sounds interesting, only to open it and there it is, a link to a video with no description of what I'm going to be seeing.

Something that seems to be out of control to me is people embedding like half a dozen videos in their post as a reply with absolutely no description of the video. A lot of times you watch the video and it has hardly anything to do with the topic at hand.

If you're going to use a video to prove a point, you should tell us why this video proves your point without making people watch an eight minute clip that may only have 30 seconds of pertinent information.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
How about just posting the link? I've been doing this, Freddy, for some time.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
what REALLY annoys me is people posting *************** parst one to 164 - and each segment is ony 2 minuites long

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I've probably missed some good stuff through my own personal "policy" - which is if there's no commentary, then I don't view the video.

It's just a time and interest thing.

My view is that if someone can go to the trouble of posting a video, then they can go to the trouble of providing a commentary to give an inkling of what the video is about
otherwise, count me out.
No great loss, I know

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Writing a paragraph about the video may make people not watch it at all, as they figure they now already know what it's about so why bother.
The commentary would have to be written in such a way as to encourage watching the video, especially key parts that may be hidden within it, without giving too much info away.
Just my 2 pennies.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Take 500 points away from him now!.

I did not click the video link since no information was provided to why I should click the link.

top topics

join