It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New!! Artifacts found on SOL day 1558 (Spirit)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I was browsing the only 2 raw images for the front HAZCAM on the spirit rover. I noticed multiple artifacts in the air on the first picture, then no artifacts on the second picture. Take a look.

SOL 1558 HAZCAM (Spirit) 1st picture

SOL 1558 HAZCAM (Spirit) 2nd Picture

Here is a picture with the objects I have pointed out. Also this picture contains what it looks like is some round things on the ground. (From the abrasive tool onboard the spirit?) ArMap, you have any idea?

SOL 1558 Highlighted areas

-Kdial1

EDIT: There is another artifact below the middle highlighted artifact. I also wanted to include this from the Navigation cam on the same day

SOL 1558 Navigation camera (Spirit) Artifact

Look to the upper right...weird

[edit on 12-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hard to tell exactly from what I'm seeing but it looks like it could be a possible dust storm. I'm at work at the moment and can't look at it in more detail at the moment but it looks interesting. Thanks!

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

I don't think it is a dust storm or those have to be some pretty large particles of dust. The camera would not pick up individual particles like that when it is focused out like that, it will make the particles look transparent. At least thats what I understand from photography.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
this picture reminds me of transformers a little bit.. anyway, i didnt get much from the pictures but appreciate your inquiry.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That look like dust particles.

The fact that they do not appear on the other photo is just because the camera is not the same, one is from the left camera, the other from the right.

And if I am right, other photos from that camera should show the same "artifacts".

The previous photo from that camera (from Sol 1551) has the same "artifacts", except one, the one on the top left of the image, so I think they are dust particles over the camera.

As for the other things, the ones on the ground, I agree, they look like the marks from the RAT, and the photo from Sol 1551 shows one more.

PS: thanks for asking my opinion.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Your insight is always invaluable!

I don't think I'm alone in saying that..

-ChriS

[edit on 12-6-2008 by BlasteR]

new topics

top topics

join