It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman banned from Washington DC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Woman banned from Washington DC

adult.youtubes.jp

A woman abandoned by her ex husband found him 30 or so years later and called him. He, working for the NSA, filed a restraining order banning her from DC. She says the Secretary of Defense's office told her know one is banned from DC, but evidently, she is the only person ever to be banned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think that he must be another dead-beat or she is wacko. Either way, it seems a bit extreme.

adult.youtubes.jp
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Welcome to the Police State.

Those who run the system use it to abuse you even more than the system itself.

Notice how none of the laws in effect in that above article are Constitutional....

The Police State is getting worse with every passing day.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sorry...I don't buy it.

First, there's the presentation. On the video, she doesn't present herself well at all. She seems unkempt, and mildly intoxicated. While that doesn't change the truth of the situation (whatever it might be), it certainly doesn't help her credibility. Neither does introducing her pet pooch. She's not helping build her case at all...and anybody with two brain cells to rub together could probably figure that out before they fired up the web-cam.

Second, there's the lack of supporting evidence. Yes, she's waving around a thin sheaf of official-looking paper, telling everyone that it's a restraining order banning her from the District of Columbia. She's very careful to keep the paper out of focus, and in motion, at all times. Why not simply lay the pages out on a coffee table, or tack them to a wall, and let us actually *read* them? That would seem to be the sensible approach to presenting evidence.

Third, there are some glaring holes in the story. I can believe that someone might find themselves the subject of a restraining order if, after thirty years, they called up their ex-spouse at his (or her) place of employment and called them "every name I ever felt like calling him". However, the standard form of a restraining order is to define a radius around the person in question (language along the lines of "cannot approach within 50' of..."), or to simply forbid association or contact with the person. I find it very doubtful that some judge would write up a sweeping "get out of town" order in any case, and even more doubtful that such an order would be the result of a single phone call. Call me cynical, call me skeptical, but there's more to this story (if the restraining order is as she claims it to be), or she's eyebrow deep in BoScat.

Aside from the problems I have with the supposed restraining order, why call the Department of Defense? Maybe I'm just being logical here, but why didn't she call the Attorney General's office? Given that this is a legal matter, and not a defense issue, that would seem to be the place to start.

Then, of course, there's the lack of media coverage. This story (if it's legitimate) has everything a good sidebar story needs...cruel, insensitive ******* who leaves his wife and daughter, government involvement, a secretive spy agency, and huge abuse of government power...and nobody picked it up outside of YouTubes?

Sorry, ma'am...if you want to convince me, show me the paper in a readable fashion, tell your story in a businesslike manner, and fill in some of the gaps. As it is, this looks like a(nother) web-video plea for attention.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

I totally agree.
I've never heard of a "get out of town" order unless they were really really bad like mass murdered with 20 bombs in his basement... of course at that point they'd been in jail but anyway...
If she had a problem with it, go to the courts and fight it but not the Department of Defense.
I don't understand why the media wouldn't be all over it too especially if the woman had been desserted and tried to find him. The media likes stories like this. It would at least, like Stormhammer, said be a side story.

new topics

top topics

join