It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Agrees with Reverend Wright

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
reply to post by SteveAndrew

Was that directed at me?!

(sorry, I couldn't resist...)

As Doris Day would say, Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps

In response to realshanti:

So the male Caucasian Christian’s of today are responsible for the acts committed by earlier male Caucasian Christians? Please show me how that occurs.

You are right, the United States hasn’t always encompassed female/minorities but it is different today, nobody denies that.

You cannot take something out of context and then pretend it is appropriate. What Sam says about David says more about Sam than it does David.

Edit:

Last thing - Why is it an issue that Caucasian male Christians hold a large number of political offices? Are you insinuating that African Americans cannot hold office, are being put down by the man?

Believe me, if Barack Obama wasn't a liberal, I'd be spreading his name thru the rooftops!!! But he is and sadly I disagree with liberals. It has nothing to do with whether Barack is African American.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by SteveAndrew]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Not insinuating anything - stating it outright from a historical standpoint which still reverberates despite the relatively small percentage of minorities who now hold public office - you can deny that there is a status quo but that won't change the reality of its existence... and there are some great men of integrity among those white Christian males - O'Riley just doesn't happen to be one of them
And the situation for minorities and women most definitely is changing because nothing stays static - I always look at the bright side
That said I completely understand your reservations about Obama...I'm not sold on either of the candidates and I'm thinkin' we're in for some rough times ahead...

[edit on 14-6-2008 by realshanti]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
But why does that matter? We all agree that female and minorities weren’t included as being part of the republic of the United States. Referring to it and combining the fact that not a lot of minorities and or ethnic groups hold public office only insinuates that America still looks down on those two groups.

Do you understand why I get that conclusion? All I’m hearing you say is:

“you know minorities and females haven’t always been allowed the same freedoms as Caucasian Christian Males”
“you know there aren’t a lot of minorities and females who hold public office”

So please stop combining those two statements. It makes it seem you are trying to make a connection.

O’Reilly is a talented man who deserves credit; contrary to what others believe.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti

Not insinuating anything - stating it outright from a historical standpoint which still reverberates despite the relatively small percentage of minorities who now hold public office - you can deny that there is a status quo but that won't change the reality of its existence... and there are some great men of integrity among those white Christian males - O'Riley just doesn't happen to be one of them
And the situation for minorities and women most definitely is changing because nothing stays static - I always look at the bright side
That said I completely understand your reservations about Obama...I'm not sold on either of the candidates and I'm thinkin' we're in for some rough times ahead...

[edit on 14-6-2008 by realshanti]

But why does that matter? We all agree that female and minorities weren’t included as being part of the republic of the United States. Referring to it and combining the fact that not a lot of minorities and or ethnic groups hold public office only insinuates that America still looks down on those two groups.

Do you understand why I get that conclusion? All I’m hearing you say is:

“you know minorities and females haven’t always been allowed the same freedoms as Caucasian Christian Males”
“you know there aren’t a lot of minorities and females who hold public office”

So please stop combining those two statements. It makes it seem you are trying to make a connection.

O’Reilly is a talented man who deserves credit; contrary to what others believe.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I think we have to agree to disagree on this one - yes - I do believe there is still entrenched predjudice that causes frustration, resentment, and sometimes outright suffering...the journey to parity is not completed...we have a good start down that road but there is still much to be done...and I don't mean more legislation...God - please no more laws

was I too hard on Mr.O'Riley?
I can be such a snot sometimes:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well constructive criticism is okay but I disagree. There are governors, lt. governors, senators, congressmen/woman who hold public office. Although you are right. It takes a lot to change people. Especially those who grew up during segregation and Jim Crow. Thanks for the debate

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Bill O'Reilly is unprofessional and obsessed with progressing his career. Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as claiming America isn't a nation dominated by the philosophies of white Christian men:

What's so insidious about it is that while laws have been dutifully established to distribute rights, culture has been carefully overseen to keep the attitude imbedded in America's psyche. Which is why someone can legitimately claim that Bill O'Reilly is part of the structure. He's a self professed christian male who's well aware of and frequently references the power he has with people.

Our country is a conundrum because it's the greatest country in the world run by the worst people you can ever imagine. Thanks a lot, Thomas Jefferson.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join