It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 will be just another boring year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
2012 will be just another year, just like 1920 and the great depression, the black plaque of the 1340's the burning of Jerusalem in 70 AD. All these are examples of when it was prophesied that the world was in the end times. Did the world end? No it continued as it always had and always will.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by luxor311]

[edit on 11-6-2008 by luxor311]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"2012 will be just another day"

How?
It is a year.

But, i know what you mean and agree with you. People should lay off the coffee and smarties.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311
No it continued as it always had and always will.

Until about Five billion years when the sun turns into a red giant, or our governments go completely nuts and destroy the planet. Whichever comes first.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Opps fixed it to year.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
you couldve just added this to a 2012 post and not taken up more space on ATS for a statement

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah I'm getting sick of this 2012 crap too.

So let me get this straight, people think the end of the world is coming because the Mayan calender stops in 2012.

anybody ever thought that maybe, just maybe, the guy who made the Mayan calender was making it for the Mayans and their perspective 1000 years ago. Anybody who is seriously into the 2012 thing ever considered that maybe he was just sick of writing/ and calculating dates that go 1000 years into the future for no real benifit. he could have said to himself. "hey I've written down the calender for 1000 years into the future. maybe I'll stop for a while and continue assembling my hut or something more immediately important. maybe I'll pick up finishing off the calender when there is a need for us to know what day of the month tuesday lands on in 2012 like when 2012 comes around."

it's another BS trend. Like Y2K, 2000 is the end of the world. the apocalypse etc...

Nobody ever holds these frauds and wannabe psychics accountable for spouting complete BS misleading the gullible. They are taking advantage of peoples fears.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Uh guys I've seen more posts about other things happening on 2012, not end of the world, more like big changes etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

anybody ever thought that maybe, just maybe, the guy who made the Mayan calender was making it for the Mayans and their perspective 1000 years ago. Anybody who is seriously into the 2012 thing ever considered that maybe he was just sick of writing/ and calculating dates that go 1000 years into the future for no real benifit. he could have said to himself. "hey I've written down the calender for 1000 years into the future. maybe I'll stop for a while and continue assembling my hut or something more immediately important. maybe I'll pick up finishing off the calender when there is a need for us to know what day of the month tuesday lands on in 2012 like when 2012 comes around."

I don't think it works like that.

I forgot what they say, but something like a cycle or something. So it was ment to stop at 2012 which is the end of the cycle.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
you couldve just added this to a 2012 post and not taken up more space on ATS for a statement

Why dont you pull your head out of your #$!% and post on someone's else's topic...??

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

oh anger, its great isnt it

my response was that this post was a statement thats it

thats like me making a post saying "I ate 2 eggs for breakfast"

its just a statement there is no merit there

so you dont believe in 2012, flooding ATS with pointless posts are whats the problem here, im not saying you are the problem

just the small insignificant posts like this are

I mean honestly, you arguement is just a few sentences, thats it

[edit on 11-6-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by luxor311

oh anger, its great isnt it

my response was that this post was a statement thats it

thats like me making a post saying "I ate 2 eggs for breakfast"

its just a statement there is no merit there

so you dont believe in 2012, flooding ATS with pointless posts are whats the problem here, im not saying you are the problem

just the small insignificant posts like this are

I mean honestly, you arguement is just a few sentences, thats it

[edit on 11-6-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

My point exactly......

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh, geez.

I'm just posting in here hoping to widen peoples perspective.

The end times in the bible,(altho I've never got 1/4 of the way, and am actually known for my Occult beliefs), apparently states that fire will come from the sky.

There's actually a comet heading for us right now,
it's called Nibiru. It was a planet, but has developed a flaming tail.
Nasa has Xray photos of it, depicting a blue watery planet with flames
enveloping either sides.

Showing it is in an inbound gravitation towards the sun.

Altho it's not supposed to hit Earth, we'll cop the tail.
Apparently by the object, which is roughly 5/6 times
the size of Earth, will spin the Earth off it's axis.
Causing the poles (north/south) to move and pretty much
wherever you're located now on the map, your town won't be
in that grid any longer.

But this is just going on evidence of a large planet gradually getting closer.

But, ofcourse, Nasa hasn't said any of the above.
they've described it as a 'Dwarf Star'.
Even tho the accompanying picture clearly shows a water-based planet
that has turned into a comet, with two flames enveloping either side of it.
And we all know dwarf stars don't contain water.

I would post it, but I can't be bothered.

That's just my little input on this thread,
however useless it seems to you people.

The only thing i'm saying is keep a weather eye on the horizon said year.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I can agree with that there. The Mayans were only human too, error is of course a possibility, or laziness, as you imply.

Also, why should anyone simply believe their ancient science and see it as more plausible than our own science of modern times?

new topics

top topics

join