It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty for Honor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
We should all be ready and willing to forgive those who have kept their silence due to sacerdotal oaths. We need, and will always need, honorable people whose honor is defined by how well they keep their oaths. We cannot punish them for doing what they were supposed to do.

For the honorable, there should be amnesty. God knows, we all need a little redemption right now. There is still time to rewrite the end of this chapter in a way that honors both your sacred duty to authority AND to your fellow citizens.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I assume, by placing this in the Aliens and UFO Forum that you are refering to the percieved lack to date of meaningful disclosure.

I agree to a point. Yet, oaths are not a license to evil, or to thwart the will of the people. Such concepts were shown in all their rags at Nuremburg, where the repeated explanation of following orders wasn't enough to exonerate those who followed orders they should have known conflicted with basic rights of humanity. And in a democracy, a basic right is not to be lied to by the very people who lead.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
No, I agree with you to a point. Let's not be naive, though, shall we?

You and I would appear to be united in a certain sense of indignation over injustice and evil, and that is as it should be. On the other hand, the people on the other side of the spear are going to be fighting for their reputations, freedom, and perhaps even their lives.

I think that the ones who come first deserve amnesty for telling what they know. As they turn over evidence, the remaining many who have not chosen to do the honorable thing will have lost their bargaining chips.

That will make them a very dangerous crowd. There is still a nuke missing from that "accidental" nuclear flight from the Minot AFB. What do you value more, the idea of pushing the full measure of punitive might, or the chance to defuse what could become a tragedy that costs hundreds of thousands, or even millions of lives?

new topics

join