It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse of the youtube generation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I like to use/watch the youtube videos as one form of possible corroboration to an event or hypothesis put forward by someone.

As with everything in the world it is always something that is down to personal discretion and common sense, however sense that is "common" for one may not be for another.
And the main thing to keep in mind is that the only undeniable truth is that which you see with your own eyes and not through the lens of someones camera.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Should we be insisting youtube videos are only offered as supporting evidence?

In the interest of defying ignorance, should youtube be banned from ATS?

Or am I just bitter because I don't know who to produce a video presenting my 100% genuine and proven theory that the fluffy pink bunnies from the moon shot Shergar in retaliation for Elvis Presley murdering the Pope?

- Some youtube videos are actually from good, legitimate sources.
(I have seen documentaries from Discovery, etc. on youtube posted here.)

- So therefore I dont think it should be banned. Person is responsible for their own naivety, and again its up to them to put in the time and effort to research. As much as you may want them to know your perspective of the truth, people will cling to what it is they are ready for at the time.

- You may be a little bitter about not being able to produce your story on the fluffy pink bunny - but I believe you without even seeing the video Essan.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
Perhaps YouTube is flooded with useless junk for the purpose of discrediting any revelatory videos that may end up on the site.

No conspiracy...

You Tube is the "MySpace" of videos online.
Everyone and their brothers pet dog can put up a video - however one must not automatically assume that some good videos are not there...because there are.

Atom films is a place for people who are more serious about the art of videography. - Perhaps compare it to Linkedin vs. Myspace.

A totally different crowd.

Again, at the end of the day its up to the end user to take the input going in their eyes and ears from the videos to figure out if its bullocks to them or not.

Peace

dAlen

<< 1   >>

join