It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians Forced to Sell Ice Cream in U.S..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Russians Forced to Sell Ice Cream in U.S..

www.moscowtimes.ru

KANSAS CITY, Missouri -- The U.S. manager of an ice cream truck company will serve probation and pay a fine for enticing Russian students to come to Kansas City and then forcing them to work long hours for little pay.

The company, Frosty Treats, has also agreed to pay $47,000 in restitution, end its foreign-worker program for two years and pay restitution to the six college-age workers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newstribune.com

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
In the American paper report (linked) it also mentions that this was not Carslake's first run-in with violating the foreign worker program as he was charged with fellony human trafficking in 2006. How do you get charged with that and still get approved to handle foreign workers just 2 years later? I'm guessing that the $0.86 an hour they were paid was what was left after he deducted the rent for the trucks, gas used, and room & board. Otherwise I can't imagine they'd have even been able to pay for a fraction of the gas, let alone everything else the story cites they were charged for.

Oh well, another group of foreigners with a soured view on America thanks to one selfish douche.

www.moscowtimes.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
A couple of my ancesters came to this country in indentured servitude.

I have mixed feelings about it. It is a way for them to get in and start a life, at least they aren't sex slaves.

On the other hand, they could have just applied for a Green Card.

join