It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A B2 just flew over my house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I wanted to get this up earlier but my internet has been down. I was hoping some other people in the states might see it, but I thought I would post better late than never.

At approximately, 1:00 PM Central Standard Time, I observed a B2 Stealth Bomber flying over my house in Lincoln, Nebraska.

It was at a high altitude but appeared lower than a commercial jet in the nearby sky. It was moving extremely fast from the southeastern sky, bearing a northwesterly direction. It is a clear day and could see it's one of a kind profile very clear. I observed it for about 15 seconds and then ran inside for my video camera, but I returned just in time to see it disappear over the horizon.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I thought it prudent to post because in March 2003 some friends and I saw the bomber squadrons pass over Nebraska on their return flight from Iraq. We happened to be out in the country and paying attention and within hours Bush was addressing the nation about having just started our bombing campaign in Iraq.

I have a extremely good view as my house sits facing south on a hill overlooking a part of Lincoln and the airport so I am always sky watching. If you look at my previous threads, my roommate, a friend, and I all saw the activity last fall when the Air Force sent nukes mistakenly on a flight to Louisiana.

So I posted this as a heads up something could be going down or it could just be training. The fact that I only observed one rather than a squadron makes me think it is training, but I thought I would enter this into the public record by posting just in case.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UnD3rg0uND

I wouldn't sweat this sighting too much, the B-2s have been very active the last couple of months after the temporary grounding ended due to the loss of the Spirit of Kansas in Guam.

I think I may possibly be listening to the same B-2 you spotted earlier talking to Kansas City Center and Whiteman approach on my scanner as I type this.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You saw a B2? Congrats!

How far is Offutt AFB from your house? Just because a plane flies over doesn't mean the war is starting.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My wife and I saw a b2 about 6 years ago.......it plain made my jaw drop. It was flying very low...and if I had not known what it was I would have thought Batman was on his way to rescue Robin. lol

Very cool!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The b2s are stationed at whiteman,so very possible for them to be seen in routine flight going to other afb's.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I see these posts a lot and people jumping to a wide variety of assumptions.

I live on an Air Force base and we just recently had a LOT of various aircraft fly in from all over the world.....for Red Flag. I can only imagine the people freaking out seeing these aircraft on their way here.

Please take note. 1. military needs to train. 2. it is summer, therefore there are Air Shows happening all over the world which hosts aircraft from all over the world.

These sightings mean NOTHING but what I have mentioned. Them flying does not mean anything is "getting ready to happen". Its traning and airshow season. Enjoy the AIRSHOWS...I know I do!

[edit on 10-6-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I live by a air national guard unit.Your right,in the warm weather the traffic increases etc.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
"extremely fast" ???

fake post!

everyone knows how slow the B2 is!! top airspeed is like 5 (hundred) mph

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. For those who may have missed it, I did conclude with the fact that it was most likely a training mission. I just was shocked to see one and thought I would post it on here.

Fake post? WTF..You must say that a lot on here if you think this one is fake.

For whoever asked - Offut is about 50 minutes to the East, wasn't coming from that direction.

top topics

join