It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's it mean...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what the symbol in my avatar means?

I'm not being a smartA$$, I just want to be sure I got the right symbol for the meaning I wanted. lol

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

where did you get the symbol from in the first place?
goodle images or a specific site?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
From a specific site, tattoo something another, I can't remember actually...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm no expert on Orential glyphs, but I think your's says.....

"Please pass the sweet and sour shrimp"

OK, I know that's just silly, and I'll look it up in my book and give you the real answer.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It says...Oh nuts, light of my life, will you do me the honour of de-bacheloring me..I can't live without you for another minute of my retched existence on this planet we call ...Uranus. ...???...hmmm (interesting )

So my answer?... I will give you my answer when we land back home.. till then, how about this..
sound good?

Hope I helped.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Nice responses.

I lol'd.

Sweet & sour shrimp, hmm... lol

"de-bacheloring"... omg lolol.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachelor
From a specific site, tattoo something another, I can't remember actually...

Oh my gosh, this is too funny! I hope you figure out what it means before you get it tatooed on your body if you intend to!

It is kinda nice though, even if it could be an obscenity for all you know.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Ummmm, if I am correct, it means undercover freak...hahahaha!

Sorry, had to lol too funny!

No pun intended!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's a "Kanji symbol" Here are some popular ones - Kanji Symbols. Although I couldn't seen to find it, elements of it were in othere symbols. Maybe you'll have some luck seeing as you know what it's supposed to say.

edit: This is probably a better place to look actually - Click!
(as long as it's not too obscure like 'monkey balls steath warrior' or something.)

How many kanji are there?

There is no reliable data on the exact number of Chinese characters that have ever been used. The most comprehensive character dictionary, the Dai Kan-Wa Jiten compiled by the Japanese Morohashi Tetsuji (13 volumes, 1955–1960), lists about 50,000 kanji. The number of kanji listed in most Japanese character dictionaries runs to about 10,000 to 20,000. The larger bilingual character dictionaries for foreigners list about 6,000 to 7,000 kanji. The government recommends that everyday and official use be limited to a list of 1,945 kanji, the so-called Jōyō Kanji. University students are expected to know somewhat more than 2,000 kanji. In the first six years of schooling, students are taught the 1,006 so-called Gakushū Kanji (“learning kanji”).

External text linky

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well, I tried to remember my 'Kanji' with little and no luck. But I see 'sword' (top) and 'heart/mind' (below).

[edit on 2008-6-20 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Well, I tried to remember my 'Kanji' with little and no luck. But I see 'sword' (top) and 'heart/mind' (below).

[edit on 2008-6-20 by pikypiky]

Aye nice catch
It seem's there's a little blob next to the left of bachelors 'sword' part though.

edit: well 'blade' is similar to 'sword' so I'd guess it could mean 'sharp mind'?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeros

'I SAW that!' I'm still researching, though. So maybe the symbol means an unknown glob next to a sword over spirit/on mind/heart.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Lol, I'm going to see if I can find the symbol for 'sharp' (see edit in above post)

edit: No luck, I'm clutching at straws.....

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Want me to tell you what it means? Or at least what the site I got it from, says it is supposed to mean?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachelor
Want me to tell you what it means? Or at least what the site I got it from, says it is supposed to mean?

Okay, enough with the suspense! Please tell us what it means so I could go to sleep.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

What a cute name that is... it reminds me of Pikachu.

**Pika pika... Piiiiiiii...kaaaaaaaa.... PikaCHUUuuuuu... PiiiikaCHU!

K...

It means "To Endure", as shown/defined about 3/4 the way down on this page ~~> link

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Thanks for the 'endure' definition'! At least, I didn't turn into a pumpkin before midnight! Yeah, well, you're right on about Pikachu -- a tiny yellow fellow with a powerful charge. I wonder what a Chinese tattoo would look like for something small but powerful. Good night.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You're welcome Piky.

Goodnight... dream of yellow, electrified things...

top topics

join