It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aren't People These Days LiVinG As God Wishes From Them ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GJIML

Okay, i'll ask the same question again then.

Where in the bible does it state that God spoke unto Man that the bible was the manifestation of his divine mandate?

As far as i know, the bible is merely a collection of letters on paper.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Try reading the Gospels.
Jesus showed that he was the authorized spokesman for God.
Jesus had a habit of quoting scripture and gave value to them.
If you reject Jesus, you can feel free to discount the Bible.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Try reading the Gospels.
Jesus showed that he was the authorized spokesman for God.

He claimed by his testimony and his Fathers (two witnesses) that he was who he said he was. So if these are the credentials needed to be messiah, then there are many people qualified as well, not just Jesus. I am the messiah, I say so and so does God.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'll finish it hear...It's like that whether u like it or not, the total truth to me is: J e S u S IS GoD. End point!!!!! Don't believe it? I don't care anymore....For they will be a day when the messiah shall return, and hope that it will be in ours, for as it say: Every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess that u are God....So if u agree with it or not, ur knee shall bow, and ur exact tongue shall confess that Jesus is God....Don't believe, can't wait when he'll return
And plz don't reply to me saying that he'll not return just wait and see, and if he didn't return in our generation, before u die in one sec just reply on this post.....

"God has blinded the eyes of many, for they shall never inherit the treasures of heaven, due to their brutal way..."
"If someone denies God, it will be better that he was never born"

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If Jesus and god are one and the same then He had some serious bipolar and multiple personality issues...

Dude seems very unstable, Not sure if I'd wanna follow a guy like that..

And seriously man, Your ATS posts will never be found in a cave a thousand years from now, The Jedi speak is not necessary...

[edit on 12-6-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

First of all u don't tell God what to do, for he knows exactly what to do..He created the whole universe without ur help...And despite that he'll always love u, u're the one unstable for him...I mean what kind of more proof do u want to believe in God...For i need ur own sake..Do u want me to beg, in order to show at least some respect to ur God.....Well, u say there's no God, let's have a debate...Howcome there's no God??? U start and i'll reply to every question....Feel free to ask, since that what u've been doing...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GJIML

First off you assume that because one questions your religion that those people don't have a belief in a higher power or being, You assume to much, Consider the possibility that those of us who question yours among many other religions based upon ancient texts which are unprovable, and written by men, who lie cheat and steal... Some simply disagree with religion and not a higher power. Because religion regardless of its origin always conveintly leaves a loophole, for the ****ups within to lie cheat and steal then say they are sorry and all is well, Not only that but it always discriminates against those who do not follow it or who follow another religion, because the religion you follow is always the right one, and the one they follow is wrong...

Everything good or bad that can't be explained with logic or fact always gets the bs excuse of (it's gods will)

And again conveintly no remote proof of his existence has been seen for thousands of years, well beyond the life of anyone currently living, how nice...

Other issues that can't be explained by your ancient texts such as Dinosaurs or Cavemen are always explained away with knowingly bs explanations such as (god put those bones there to test our faith) Because I guess Jesus, the crucifiction, and an thousand year old texts just aren't a good enough test..

All the while the god is perfect yet the book which is supposed to be gods words is full of so many inconsistencies and contradictions it would take to much time to begin to list...

Oh but wait I'm sure thats another Test of faith!

And even more so All those poor unfortunate souls who cant read English or Hebrew, And all those Native American, South American, African, Australian tribes, and Aliens if they exist who would never ordinarily have the opportunity to find your religion, are screwed...

Religion is nothing more then a tool of control because of a distrust in ones fellow man to do the right thing...

Religion is bs...

All I know is this, Man rules the earth, The fish rule the sea, Birds rule the sky, Logically something rules the universe, What that is I do not know.

My only obligation on this earth is to live, procreate, and harm no one and help others do the same, If my life life is unworthy of your god because I choose to ingor the more then likely drunken ramblings of the town nut job from thousands of years ago then well, so be it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Man i really unerstand u, really......But just this question, do u believe in life after death, why or why not..Dispite that we have energy(soul) in our body that prooved scientifically, energy never finishes...Peace

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GJIML

Your OP were all excellent questions....why don't believers follow the instruction of GOD? Answer: because they don't meditate on the Word, don't take the time and don't ask the Holy Spirit to "bring all knowledge and truth to their remembrance"...believers could walk in the Word and stand in their faith but often this is not the case, preferring instead without understanding to submit themselves to the prince of this world rather than the living Word...The Word is the seed, the ground and the water and ALWAYS accomplishes what it is sent to do...

Good lookin out, GJIML....I hear your heart...
with great Love in Christ
realshanti

[edit on 12-6-2008 by realshanti]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

"Shanti" My BRo U can't imagine how i'am happy to see a
believer in Christ...Peace be upon u..Like i said to "Jesusistruth",u're my
earthly and heavenly brother, keep up the Good work my friend......GoD-
Speed, and thank u for aiding me..cause these people make me gonna
strip of my clothe
They're too smart to smell the obvious...See
Ya !!

P.S: ur reply is soo comforting, atleast i feel that i'm not alone in this world

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Recently, it was headline news when a tribe was discovered in the Amazon that had not been contacted by the outside world.
So, the time is approaching where everyone will have the opportunity to accept God.
Sorry about Muslims, but they may have to be judged on what they know about God, in a different sort of way than others will.
People will have a chance to call on God for salvation.
Believing in a spiritual philosophy, without a god, will not be very comforting when the end comes.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

What precisely gives you the basis for that judgement?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think it is more of my wanting to give some advice, than trying to give a judgment.
If you think you do not need God, then that is your choice.
I just think that, ultimately, it may not be such an excellent choice.
That is just based on mine, and other's personal experience.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Far be it from me to understand the inner machinations of the almighty one's universe-sized brain, but one would think that part of the reason we were put here on this earth was to develop the means to overcome the nessecity or reliance on God.

Have you ever tried to get your point across without using God or the Bible as a method of explaining it?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Well, not really.
Does that bother you?
That is in the title for this thread.
There are plenty of Atheist threads.
I do not go into them to bother people about God.
Well, in a limited way, you are right.
That would have been God's original plan but it got messed up, way back in the Garden of Eden.
We would have eventually become like God, more or less, but the people decided to take a shortcut, that we know did not really work.
So, our development has been retarded.
We will have to start over, in the future, and get back on the road to enlightenment.
Right now we live on a dark planet, thanks to our own doing.
We do have a duty to try to improve things, but we are limited by others who are not so inclined.
Well I hope things work out for you and you become a god and all that.
I do not want to take that from you.
It is just right now we need to be a little humble, just like Jesus had to do when he discovered he was human.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GJIML

Why Aren't People These Days LiVinG As God Wishes From Them ?

Every single person on the planet is behaving as God would want. God made us human and we are ALL behaving as humans.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Um, well, i guess if i spent all my life trying to convince u, or to change the way u think, then i'll never reach it!!So, just one thing, if u want to change, or meet God, here's a site that gives u all the answers abt ur so inlightning questions(does God exists...).... www.gotquestions.org

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join