It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aren't People These Days LiVinG As God Wishes From Them ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
just kind of leaves a bad taste in the mouth when someone who i don't know (bc it is, as you say, the internet) is casting out generic judgement on ppl they don't know. not saying the message can't be taken as a sign for someone out there, but just seems kind of presumptuous to say that others are "small in God's eyes" when God is the creator of everyone equally. my two cents worth anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

So, you have a problem with the OP?

That's something you should take up with him, perhaps you could phrase it in such a way like along the lines of "Why is it so nessecary to win people over to your way of thinking"?

But of course, you can probably guess where that will lead you.

Everyone has a reason for doing the things they do, and showing apathy or displeasure over it is doing nothing other than taking it personally.

So then, do you personally have a problem with his beliefs?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GJIML

most people have no idea why they are even alive let alone what they should be doing with their lives.

G-D is in the reproduction buisness----all lifeforms we see around us reproduce after their kinds.

G-D ultimately plans to reproduce Themselves---we are the clay vessel that have the potential to become G-Ds having the same power to live forever and be capable of creating life------------------but not if we refuse to comply with G-D's laws.

if we cannot learn to control ourselves by keeping G-D's laws now in this life-------how could we ever be trusted with the power G-D would give us in Their family with which by taking a temper tantrum you could destroy a galaxy?
we have an awsome potential if we want to live our lives G-D's way now.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by GJIML

most people have no idea why they are even alive let alone what they should be doing with their lives.

Every coherent statement made in your post is wrong. You don't know most people, so you can't make sweeping statements like this.

G-D is in the reproduction buisness----all lifeforms we see around us reproduce after their kinds.

Wrong. Biology is in the reproduction business. If a 'god' set that up, he is no longer involved in it now. Biology necessarily runs itself, subject to various environmental pressures.

G-D ultimately plans to reproduce Themselves---we are the clay vessel that have the potential to become G-Ds having the same power to live forever and be capable of creating life------------------but not if we refuse to comply with G-D's laws.

Wrong again. Gods are in it for themselves, if there are such things, not for others, whom they might sire. In addition, you are not a god so you can't know what they're doing. You're abusing presumptuousness. (as well as the 'n-dash').

if we cannot learn to control ourselves by keeping G-D's laws now in this life-------how could we ever be trusted with the power G-D would give us in Their family with which by taking a temper tantrum you could destroy a galaxy?

Easy. It happens. The only law that must be followed are the laws of physics, not some moral absolutes. Remember, that which was once proscribed in the Bible (be fruitful and multiply) is now against the Catholic doctrine and has been made a sin.

we have an awsome potential if we want to live our lives G-D's way now.

Wrong again. We only have the potential that is realized, and you don't know what any 'god' wants, because you're a limited human with your own biases.

HTH.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

this is ridiculous and i almost assume you know it. no, i have no problem w/ the OP. *rolls eyes* i am just stating my opinion on what the OP said. if you don't like that, tough!!

:shk:

if the OP doesn't like it, then the OP should have never posted this in the first place.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
~Susan B Anthony

[edit on 10-6-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Oh my God!!!! i mean, people read the article and start accusing me, as if they never read it...Did i ever say that this article is for non-believers, or athiests or muslims, it was so obvious as the sun light, it's like i said, it's for my people the christian people..For ofcourse the non-believers will start to ask me, who am i to decide how to live, unless u're not a christian ur reply doesn't mean anything to me, only that u're trying to act smart
. For u'll never understand our christians beliefs only if u're ready !!!

So, from now on plz understand the given, avoiding not to fall in traps, like all the offencive comments out there, and for ur own sake, i hope you'll reconsider in all of ur lives cause the coming of the messiah is stated near(in these 50 years), i'm talking abt revelations and not science and proof!!! God Be WiTh U ! !

God has blinded people not to enter to heaven, for knowing that they'll never believe in him, but believe in science rather than the living God....

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
First of all.... The OP is a good soul, I can see this and what he says is true for the most part yet he is not judging personally but according to the Bible..

the bible says let your " yes be yes and no be no " It also says to not curse or use profane language for no reason.. it also says to not lust...

so he is correct... A personal judgement is something along the line of

" You are a bad person and evil "

This soul is very refreshing in here... and special in his own way...

and when he says (little in Gods eyes) what he means is that (pride) builds us up so that we live on a cloud and put God out of our lives... and in reality we are nothing compared to God..

Now as for the ridiculous... (flying speghetti monster).... God not only worked 2000 years of miracles I myself have seen and 100,000s of saints, but he made beuatiful nature, the complexity of creation and so forth...

and ( God is lonely need friends )

God doesn't get lonely, he created us to be with him forever.... for our own good and he wants to share it with us...

and ( God needs money)

the collection plate, i know for a fact because I have been involved with that goes to church repairs and programs to help the needy out...

what do you think they pocket the money and just buy golf clubs with it?

peace.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
and as for (Susan B Anthony)

What this soul doesn't understand... is that that reason it goes against their desires is because the war with our lower selfish appetite always war against the spirit.... and we are in a war with the spiritual rhelm...

Yet, if they (desire) to worship God because of free will in the first place, then how are they going against themselves?

peace.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
wait I read susan B anthony wrong...

(coincides)

ok, then what i meant to say is that.... God doesn't want evil for us but happiness, and so if we desire happiness how can that be selfishness? that qoute makes no sense... because we are here to be happy with God..

now if it concided with God wanting us to rob a bank... then that qoute might hold weight..

souls with no understanding always ruin other souls..

peace.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
"Jesusistruth", u can't imagine how much i'm happy to find a believer in christ in this forum:cryb
despite that there are many but u're the first one i se here, for i'm new). I really appreaciate ur point of view, and looking forward on better knowing u my bro
Praise to be to the lord the one and only Jesus Christ ! ! Let it be as he want it to be, and someday we shall meet in paradise and glorify our lord!! Anything that i can do for u i'll never reconsider, i can't even express my feelings, and what's going on here, for i find it so amazing to find much people that loves jesus so much that they would give them their lifes, as he died for us!!! Keep the good work, my earthly and heavenly brother

For it is by grace u have been saved, by faith..not by works, so that no one can boast(ephisians 2:8-9)..

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Perhaps if there is a god, Then the true test of rather a person is worthy of living with him for eternity isn't based upon rather or not that person was molded and conditioned into a belief system written in old scrolls by men who lie, cheat, and steal, But rather or not that person with no outside influence, lives a respectful life where he harms no one and helps any one who needs it, All on his own without the fear of going to the pits of hell if he ****s up...

I'm sorry but if you need a book and the fear of god to get you in line, I'm not impressed with your "goodwill"

[edit on 11-6-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It is a simple as this, they don't believe in your God. They are talking the talk and not walking the walk. Lets face it, if they really thought God would drop down in front of them and they had to face the consiquences they would straighten up, right away. But they don't, to me that is a statement that they don't believe that there is a God.

Your people are not your people, meaning you are looking at people that have different beliefs than yours, obviously. You are probably the only one that thinks like you , in fact I can guarentee that. Everyone is an individual and some part of their religious and spiritual program will be different than your.

It is said that our serenity is directly proportional to our expectations. Lower your expectations, after all humans are humans.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GJIML

Your complaint seems to be directed toward "nominal christians".

In other words:
"Those who SAY they are Christians, but don't ACT like Christians"

If you read no further than this...I ask you read through 1 John. (Not the GOSPEL of John, but the EPISTLE of FIRST JOHN) It is only 5 chapters and it describes "how to recognize a Christian".

If you are still reading:
Matt 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Are these "professing christians" showing fruits of the Bible? Or are they just saying "Lord Lord":

Luke 14:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Apparently, Jesus predicted there were going to be people who called Him "Lord", yet did NOT do the things He said to do.

But there's only one problem, u never thought if ur
God is pleased with u !! I mean u live ur life for the sake of studying
getting married and getting a job, taking care of ur family...But never
never thought if u ever satisfied ur God, in my case(christians) it is Jesus
who u have to satisfy!!!

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Clearly God is not displeased with ANYONE who walks after the Spirit!

Be careful, please, for:

You (somewhat) infer that studying, getting married and getting a job and TAKING CARE OF YOUR FAMILY is somehow "frowned upon" by God. If it is "frowned upon" by God...then just call it what it IS: SIN!

But this is an error.

Col 2:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

The Christian lady who faithfully changes the dirty diaper of her baby and looks out for her kids is in NO WAY a lesser Christian than an Apostle.

All work, done in the name of the Lord, is EQUAL. Please don't confuse this?

Studying and raising a family are GOD HONORING activities. A Christian mom, raising Godly kids is to be praised! (Prov 31)

Please be careful how you label "sin" and "not sin":

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GJIML

Churches have set up a nice system for keeping their young people around and happy.
You can show up and feel good and think God loves you and go home not feeling any obligation to God.
It fits in well with the general feeling of entitlement that seems to be driving culture at the time.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GJIML

What did Jesus do to prove he was a Christian? Did he get good grades in school?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Did he get good grades in school?

I don't know about school, for the Bible is silent on this, but this happened:

Mark 1:22 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'ts been good to scroll over ur replies and reading them, but guess what!!!

All the ones that doesn't believe in God, they're opinion isn't that important to me...Why???? Cause in my topic i specifically adressed my people, the christians...So....? I was waiting for these kind of people that think that they're part of this world and part of the science within it, and their admiring comments
First, to all the ones that replied in a negative way according to me, they didn't read the given(article) well, which i said in the "P.S": it's directed to my people the christians, so ofcourse all the non-christians or non-believers(and specially athiests), will think that my article is non-sense, so if it is like that, why replying anyway?? Since we'll never get along, then don't bother replying...
And one more thing, since all the people that denies the existance of God, i dare u to derive ur existance..in other words, from where did the all human race come from??Moreover, alot of people misunderstood me, for an instance "justmomma", who told u that i want people to live like i think!!!!It's just because u're not a christian, doesn't mean u have the right to judge the christians, since u never read the bible in ur life:bash:
Well, u might say now, how do u call urself a "christian" since u talk in an offensive way?...Simple, to u it might be an offensive way, but to me it's out of the sadness that floods towards u, i mean for an example.."jesusistruth" was the first to aid my article, and why's that do u think? Is it because he's brilliant person? No!!! it is because he's a christian, and those where the kind of people i was expecting there reply, and not the others, who denies their God and their existance....
PeaCe....

P.S: plz read this time carefully before starting to comment , and this time this article is adressed to both chrsitians and non-believers(athiests.....)
"Jesusistruth" u're my earthly and heavenly brother respect and the lord be with u

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GJIML
No!!! it is because he's a christian, and those where the kind of people i was expecting there reply, and not the others, who denies their God and their existance....

Ah.

So the casual but compassionate onlooker is not worthy of note in the eyes of the almighty?

You talked a good talk, GJIML, but i can't help but wonder;

Where in the bible does God speaketh unto the peoples of the earth that the bible is the manifestation of his divine mandate?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
We'll here we go again, it looks that u too aren't a christian, and man plz understand, unless u're not a chrisitan u'll never understand, let me give u an example :"let's say ur only language is english, and u went to china, would u be able to understand them, of course not..Why? because u never learned chinese...Here it goes, u're not a christian, yet when u face a christian or read a post out of christians, you'll never understand...Why? Simple, u never read the bible..I mean christianity is all based on the bible!! And according to our religious beliefs, God is trinity!!!.

The Father, the son, and the holy spirit..They where showed to us in different means..For an instance, before Jesus Christ(the son), there was God(the father), he worked his laws by the means as known "The Laws Of Moses"..Moreover, the second mean is by his son "Jesus Christ", that died for our sins, so that when we die if we believed in him, we shall not perish in hell but have eternal life in heaven...And after the ressurection of "Jesus"(God in flesh), Jesus returned into the heavens to where he belongs as "King oF KinGs", but before going there, the means of "holy spirit" took place, till our own day...That's a little part yet the most important in our beliefs as christians, unless u're not a true christian, u'll never understand!! God identified himslef in three phases, the father, the son, and the holy spirit, yet they are all the same one

GoD-Speed...any question i'm ready to answer...PeaCe

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PreTribGuy
reply to post by ben91069

Did he get good grades in school?

I don't know about school, for the Bible is silent on this, but this happened:

Mark 1:22 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes.

Modern Christianity teaches with authority. Don't kid yourself. Perhaps a better term or translation would have been 'with conviction'. I think what you want is for Christians to walk the walk they preach, but this is not going to happen because they are preaching the wrong gospel.

My take is that Christians preach a free gift salvation and immediately add things to it. How does a Christian expect to act accordingly if they can't be perfect in the first place no matter how hard they try? What they need to do is learn humility and face the facts (perhaps yourself as well) that there is no measure of good grades and performances that makes you a good Christian. In fact, the best example of Christianity is one based solely on faith ALONE in salvation - nothing else.

Seems like you are adding requirements to all this. Perhaps that is hypocritical of me or you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join