It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Discovery of ufos in Canada and USA with high resolution videos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balez

It is in all probability a planet

I am a skeptic, but a planet? WHAT PLANET! tell me.

A STAR, WHAT STAR??? tell me!!

Faker are telling fake story, and so do you, baseless assumptions.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 123space

wow!!!!....points of light, and heat waves and/or lens distortion, yeah i'm convinced...jeez, c'mon, these guys just want to shoot a music video with hot babes in it and they are waiting for someone to notice their production design and give them a shot!! sarcasm aside... no useful shape, no definition, no spacial or geographical context...but plenty of design, music, and the always misused zoom lens.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
it's easy enough to answer weather or not it's a planet/star by finding out the time, date, location and direction of the observations. if we had this info we could look up the star charts and find out if it is a normal heavenly body. anybody have any info in this regard?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheebay

We can't tell which planet or star because the creators of the YouTube video didn't bother telling us their location, which direction they were looking and what time of day it was (and they call themselves "investigators"?).

We may not know those facts, but we do know this much:

1. When in focus, it was a bright point of light.

2. When viewed without the "telescopic" lens it looked stationary. When viewed WITH the telescopic lens, it moved about as fast as stars and planets appear to move due to Earth's rotation.

3. It was so out of focus most of the time, no details could be made out.

4. It looked exactly like a bright planet (Venus?) or star (Sirius?) would look when viewed out of focus through a video camera -- and that is it would look like a donut/orb/halo of light. It could look slightly multi-colored due to the refraction of the unfocused light.

Therefore based on what I know for sure (and ignoring any claims by the original "YouTubers" that are not backed up with evidence), I would also say it looked like a star or planet -- for now, pending more information.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
you can't see planets in detail with a camera (apart from the Earth). They would look no more than a point of light. I think the guy was being sarcastic saying it was a planet.

It's a flying saucer. When they are outputting lots of energy they cause the air around them to glow. You can see that it is rapidly spinning and that there are rays coming from the object. It is surrounded by a sphere of plasma, which is caused byu ionisation of the air. All flying saucers look like this when they are outputting lots of energy. it's just this is a very good example because the factor of zoom is so high. At a distance it looks like a point of light and this is what most people normally see.

This is fantastic footage of a flying saucer at high energy output.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It's a flying saucer. When they are outputting lots of energy they cause the air around them to glow. You can see that it is rapidly spinning and that there are rays coming from the object. It is surrounded by a sphere of plasma, which is caused byu ionisation of the air. All flying saucers look like this when they are outputting lots of energy. it's just this is a very good example because the factor of zoom is so high. At a distance it looks like a point of light and this is what most people normally see.

ya you are right no one here to give us explanation that they are weather balloon 2nd its not cgi even
so lets discuss how could we finf more about it at ATS any debunker here to respond about this tread ???

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheebay

Not at all telling anything that is baseless information here, i'm not here to "debunk" anything either.

I said what I believe I am seeing on this video, and that is based on experience on viewing stars with a simple binocular you can get the same effect, except the coloration will not be the same (Read Soylent Green Is People 's explanation).

As of yet, there is nothing that tells me differently, this is still a planet or a star that is out of focus.
And we do not have any more information, and i doubt that we will get any more....

If what we are seeing were perhaps moving in an entirely different path, or several different paths, i would be convinced this was not a planet or star.

Originally posted by Dr X

you can't see planets in detail with a camera (apart from the Earth). They would look no more than a point of light. I think the guy was being sarcastic saying it was a planet.

Actually i was not being sarcastic at all, i was serious and still am serious that this is a star or a planet, you say it yourself in the text quoted just above this, with one little detail missing, use maximum zoom and the object, and in this case i believe it to be a planet, will be out of focus.

Originaly posted by 123space

ya you are right no one here to give us explanation that they are weather balloon 2nd its not cgi even so lets discuss how could we finf more about it at ATS any debunker here to respond about this tread ???

As i said i am not here to "debunk" anything.
But as when it comes to youtube videos additional information can be difficult and even impossible to find to explain what it is.

I'm still saying that this is a planet, maximum zoom, which means the light will not be refracted correctly and distort what it is.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 123space

My thoughts are The object (UFO) ..... is very high probablya planet or star and not in orbit around the earth itself and the shimmering is most likely atmosphere disturbance. something you get when looking at a small object via a high powered magnification lens.

Ironfist did you check other 3 videos ?? they are not so high objects that we clal them stars

Sorry am I missing something what other videos?? IF these video are from the same source then I say more the merrier. IF they are of a different source but of similar type objects then that's not what this post is about. I say lets look at one thing at a time.

Your object is not in earths orbit, it is most likely a planet or star. The plasma halo is a distortion brought on by the high magnification lens and air turbulence.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by ironfist]

[edit on 11-6-2008 by ironfist]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Um... I don't get it. I honestly don't. I could use a telescope with a mount for my digital, use the power of the telescope along with the 3x optical zoom on my camera (triple the power of the telescope) and film quite a few stars and get this same effect. I could do the same with a pair of binoculars and the moon (which is what it looks like he focuses on in the movie... at least to me, anyways).

I'm not saying I think it's bunk, but it's really nothing I haven't seen before. If you have even the thinnest film of grease on ANY of your lenses, you can get the same 'corona flare' effect from even a streetlamp. When you zoom in, the effect is multiplied. Add into that Atmospheric Distortion, and you can have a whole mess of things.

I've taken some odd pics at night. I just don't quite get where they call these UFO's. I want to see flying vessels, not stationary spots of light... I think I am actually getting sick of looking at specks of light and orbs of dust reflecting flashes, lol.

If I'm missing something here, someone please explain. In all videos show, to me, are simple specks of light in the sky that they try to zoom in on. If they think that's amazing or something, they need to come up to "Thin Air" country! I grew up at high altitude. When I finally got to go to D.C. about 4 years ago, I was amazed that you really can't see even 1/4 of the stars we see here... and that's not because of light pollution. Texass was the same way. Just too much atmosphere in the way. And, honestly, if you want to see a SPECTACULAR display of stars, you drive up to about 8500-9000 feet above sea level.

I think I found what I want to do next. I'll head up to the mountains and take some videos of the stars using my tripod. Maybe I'll catch something neat for ATS. We see them all the time, but nobody ever has a video camera, and if you take a still, it looks like just another star.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 123space

That is a really old video of what is being called a bright star.

This is a new video of something caught on camera over Scandinavia.
They look similar. If this is a star or Venus why haven't we got this type footage lots of times before? It would be an extremely common occurrence if that were the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join