It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich motions to Impeach Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

personally i think this is the last think the democrats want. trust me they wont impeach bush, and when their voting electorate sees that they had the oppertunity to impeach and didnt take it, it will cause people to wonder..."why?"

and then they will come to the realization... behind the scenes republican and democrats dosnt matter. only criminals and non criminals.

and there are very few non criminals elected in Washington District of Criminals.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Is it that time of year again? *yawn*

Before everyone gets excited and thinks this is the end of their favorite President-they-love-to-hate, just remember what happened when Kucinich introduced a resolution to impeach Cheney:

On November 6, 2007, Kucinich used special parliamentary procedure and moved for a vote on impeaching the Vice President.[91] The measure was opposed by House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and House Speaker Pelosi, who stood by previous comments that, "impeachment is not on our agenda", and they initially moved to table the bill. When that attempt failed, Mr. Hoyer quickly moved to refer the bill to the House Judiciary Committee. That motion succeeded.

The leadership of the Democrat Party does not want there to be impeachment hearings, for two reasons.

First, they know what happened during the Clinton Impeachment: public opinion turned against the Republicans and in favor of the President. There public-at-large will take any impeachment hearings as politic-as-usual and lingering bitterness about the Clinton impeachment, and rally around the President.

Second, and most important, the leadership wants the powers employed by Bush for the next Democrat to hold the White House. (And ironically, those very people raging against Bush for employing these powers will cheer and applaud the Democrats for doing the same).

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It's NEVER too late.

Some of the same words I'm reading here now I've been hearing from the paralyzed Congress for the past three years when everyone damn well knew something was wrong. Yet did nothing.

Not only should they be impeached, they should probably be tried for war crimes too. Or is it too late for that too?

If this attitude from the country and the congress continues, these lying, murdering, thieving bastards will get away with it. And that would be another crime.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
OK. I'm going to post this again in the hopes that some of these "impeach-niks" finally get it.

Anyone remember how the Clinton impeachment froze the country in place? How nothing important got done while everone focused on the impeachment?

And now you want to put the country through another round of that when Bush is leaving office soon anyway?

Plus, people need to step back and take the longer view. Can't you see that most of the driving force behind this move is a "revenge factor" for "what was done to Clinton"?

So, if a "tit for tat" on impeachments is already started, it needs to stop right now - for the good of the country! Try and put your partisanship aside long enough to imagine the toll on the U.S. if for example, the Republicans decide to go after Obama in the next round. And don't think they're not already doing the research (with his unwitting help).

Like I said, it needs to stop now.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What most people don't know or fail to realize is that Impeachment is "ONLY" charging him (BUSH).

Getting a conviction is another issue

Getting him in jail for crimes is yet another issue altogather.

Think "slick willy" Clinton.
He WAS impeached, found to have lied to senate...............

Yet where was/is billy boy-free not in jail.

Just saying..........................................................

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Mr. Kucinich deserves all the help he can get, from the america people. I think he's doing this, to prevent further escalation of the war into Iran. If he can get not only the american peoples attention, but the rest of the world focused on that single point. Then he's done us all a solid favor, and for that i salute him.
The american people should stand behind him in this effort. Call or write your own congressmen, and make them understand you mean business.

Don't let Bush and his henchmen, cast you into a new war before he leaves office. God only knows, if that hasn't been the plan all along.
I wonder if he could use the Patriot Act, to put himself in a dictator's position. Because you don't change the referee in the middle of the 9.th inning...

I'm born and raised in Denmark, but came to work and live in Los angeles. I got married to a wonderful american woman. I've driven across the U.S twice on vacation with some of my danish buddies. I can honestly say, that i love the beauty of america, and i loved the american way of life.
However after 12-13 years, and living throgh the L.A riots, things changed.
The american dream, became harder to reach. People got more and more viscious. A hardening of good old traditional values. America started in my eyes to drift, and a sort of apathy swept across the nation. The land of the free is no more.
What the Bush administration have done to either take away and/or limit your rights, without anybody challeging this, is more than i can wrap my little brain around.

I sincerely hope, that there will be something to hand down to the children, or is it already too late.?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Topspike
Mr. Kucinich deserves all the help he can get, from the america people. I think he's doing this, to prevent further escalation of the war into Iran.

Oh, no sorry! Wrong answer!

You can rest assured Mr. Kucinich will not eager to introduce articles of impeachment if the next President has a (D) beside his name. That President can do everything Bush has done, and you will find Kucinich sitting on his hands. Kucinich is every bit the partisan that every other member of Congress is. And having a safe-seat (having one his last election by at least 30%) Kucinich can afford to be a bit more partisan and extreme than other representatives.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
well even though clintons impeachment went no where that means we shouldnt even try after bush?

that is horrible logic. this man lied and as a result over 100,000 iraqi civilians are dead, and 6000 plus of our troops are dead...not even counting those with missing arms, legs, or genitallia from ied exsplosions.

clinton got a bj.

i still think clinton should have been impeached also but lets put things in perspective for a moment.

we shouldnt settle for these criminals because we havnt had a good president in God knows how long.

it is time to go for the jugular with these fools.
impeach! go dennis!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Tit for tat?

Are you being serious here or facetious?

Seems to me that this kind of mentality is simply indicative of the internal war that has been permeating this country for the past few decades and has nothing to do with the reality of the situation or the seriousness of the charges.

Nothing personal, just a general statement about how so many smart people in this country have been sucked into the labeling and the "us" against "them" paradigm that is literally paralyzing this country. And allowing people to get away with murder.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

i believe he has to be impeached before he can be charged with crimes. not sure if this is federal crimes, war crimes, or both. probably just federal.

and thought the impeachment may just be bush, the crimes will of course extend to cheney, rice, rumsfeld, and maybe powell.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I watched him on CSPAN, and he makes a very good case.

Pity it was to an empty room at 8pm at night. It was clear congress has little interest in impeachment. But it's also very clear that Bush is guilty.

What I cannot understand, is why no one, not even Dennis Kucinich, brings up Bush's Executive Branch power grab, which in my opinion, is the gravest offense of all.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

What the hell? This is pure conjecture and pretty irrelevant to this discussion.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
well even though clintons impeachment went no where that means we shouldnt even try after bush?

that is horrible logic. this man lied and as a result over 100,000 iraqi civilians are dead, and 6000 plus of our troops are dead...not even counting those with missing arms, legs, or genitallia from ied exsplosions.

clinton got a bj.

i still think clinton should have been impeached also but lets put things in perspective for a moment.

we shouldnt settle for these criminals because we havnt had a good president in God knows how long.

it is time to go for the jugular with these fools.
impeach! go dennis!

the number of iraqis who have lost their lives as a result of this "conflict" is nearing if not past 1,000,000.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
As Lucidity says, it's NEVER too late. I don't care if he's impeached so late that his last day in office is only a half-day. What's important is the message it sends to the next commander in chief. Hell, impeach the rest of congress too. The were elected on the premise that they'd not tolerate everything that they've been a party to since the election.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

man i had no idea it was that bad. i should have expected it would be worse than i thought. they do a pretty good job of hiding the numbers.
surely if anyone of our presidents ever deserved to be impeached it is bush. 1,000,000. that is in leaugue with hitler. we live in 1940's germany. and the only one who will say what needs to be said about this thug is a short man with a hot wife who sees UFO's.

may God help us all.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Impeachment is was too soft. What we need is war crimes trials for the whole admin (amongst a host of similar and related trials). Where oh where is this great "moral majority" on these serious issues? Oh I know. They are fretting over how gays might corrupt our society.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It aint just about kucinich taking the reigns of trying to get bush impeached...its about making this a headline so finally people will see how much of a monster bush and cheney really are. I had read somewhere that certain people would attempt to try them on war crimes AFTER their terms were up...This could get the ball rolling....

It's never too late considering Bush has plans to destroy iran after destroying our country. I doubt anyone wants this charade to go on any longer...You all should be supporting this by being optimistic instead of "Oh its too late..."

Kucinich

Some of you guys

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins

Yes, I agree with you. As long as it dosen't end with impeachment, it would certainly be a good start.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The cynical side of me thinks this will end up as an effort to 'introduce' and accept newly 'crafted' evidence which will, by its existence alone, further deter any international body from mustering the will to pursue legal claims against the Bush administration's actions.

I wish one of these people could be trusted to operate without a hidden agenda. But I don't see any possibility of that being true when they are all working for the same interests, their own.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The timing of this impeachment should raise all sorts of bells and alarms for people. Of course the Bush-haters will come out applauding and saying "about time!" like the mindless sheep they are.

Instead, I submit the following:
* Why wasn't this done in 2005 after Bush admitted the Iraq pre-war intelligence was flawed?
* Why wasn't this done in 2004 when the 9/11 Commission released its final report?
* Why wasn't this done when the Iraqi government was shown to not be meeting their benchmarks?
* Why wasn't this done at anytime other than now during the current administration?

I'll tell you why - because the Democratic party wants to play on the people's emotions. Nevermind that people have had their minds made up about Bush for years now, but the Democrats want to open old wounds and make you mad ALL OVER AGAIN for the SAME OLD CRAP they've been saying all along in an effort to SWING THE VOTE, particularly the votes of Republicans who are on the fence about John McCain.

Sorry, Kucinich and all you other Liberal monkeys, some of us see this farce for what it is. The rest of you sheep go right ahead on bleating.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join