It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis anyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnusualMe
I had an incident a couple morning ago.

I woke up and my door was open.. and I heard female voices coming from the other room. I tried to get up.. but I couldn't move.. I called out thinking it might be my sister.. but I got no answer.. then I must have passed out again

When I woke up my door was closed and the cat was still on the other side.. which pretty much rules out that my door was ever open. I did ask my sis, and she hadn't been there.. must have been some odd half awake dream.

This experience sounds more like what i have. Waking up and believing your 100% awake yet being unable to move. Then all the sudden some crazy crap starts happening then bam your in a nightmare then you wake up. Sucks don't it. These dreams are one of those weird things you despise but for some strange reason want to happen again. I just want a major one to see If I can control myself now that I am more educated on it.

I have read about people projecting themselves out of their bodies after waking up with sleep paralysis. I experienced it to an extent when I came out of mine struggling to get away from the ghost like things. More than likely its just dreaming about floating out of your body but who stinking knows. Dreams are crazy and unexplained.

Heres an article about scientists beliving a link exists between abduction experiences and sleep paralysis. www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/1999/07/09/MN56310.DTL
Interesting and beliveable. Especially for us who have had them. These dreams can be scary.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
hey! The whole sleep thing faacsinates me too. I'm a compulsive sleep walker but Ive experienced the paralysis only once. It was also duirung a nightmare (dreamt I was being abducted by aliens, go figure ) But I have experienced the "seeing things" bit.

Its quite terrifying. I cant quite remember what its called but it is a sleep disorder. Its like your awake and aware of your surroundings but something thats not actually in the real room is there!!!!! Eeek! its night time in South Africa now and I dont wanna go ta bed!! :shk:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
oh yeah and one more thing the "out of body" experience is supposed to be real. Its called astral projection. Soldiers used to use it as a technique in war time to escape the pain. thet'd go out their bodies and look down on themselves from far away.

Furthermore when you dream your falling down a hole when you just fall asleep and you jerk awake its supposed to mean that you were involuntarilly astrally projecting. Not sure about all these statements but it IS an interesting theory. Any comments?

<< 1   >>

join