It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Walking through walls?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Has anybody heard of technology to make you walk through walls? My aunt has met a guy who worked for the government who knew
how to walk through walls.


I know it sounds insane but i would not doubt it.



peace.




posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Only thing I've heard of was the Philadelphia Prject, but the wall-walking was a gory side-effect. Given the the PP has been basically shot to pieces as a few guys screwing around with a UFO book, I'm not holding my breath on this one being true.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Esoterica]



posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's not possible.

It defies the laws of physics.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I agree with what EliteXizer says it would defy the laws of physics.
Just sit and think for a moment what would be required.
Either you OR the wall, would have to have it's/your molecular change to such an extent that it would not be dense, therefore allowing your molecules to pass thru a solid object.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
It's not possible.

It defies the laws of physics.


Laws of physics are man made, there fore it could be wrong.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Laws of physics are man made, there fore it could be wrong.


Ummmm no, physics as WE understand them are set.
True that doesn't mean that somewhere out there they can change the way physics works but
all being the same in the universe (as an example)
matter is matter, light is light and the obey certain rules.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's not impossible. It's just one in infinity. I believe there's a equation in quantum physics, that states the probability of doing such things. Put it this way. If an infinite amount of people were to walk into a wall for an infinite amount of times, one of those times, one person would be able to walk through the wall.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
How are the set, who set them?

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
How are the set, who set them?
[Edited on 4-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]


Ok maybe set was a wrong word to use.
You said that physics were "man made"
Man did not MAKE physics, he discovered the actions and reactions of objects IE matter light etc. And someone gave the science the name physics.
On planet whateveryouwanttocallit gravity could be called snarflu but it is STILL gravity.
That is what I meant



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
They are set. Jesus.

The universe is the way it is, that isn't variable.

However, were you able to affect your body on the quantum level (i.e. string-level), then they could move through a wall.

If you're moving, then you manage to 'slide' your strings, then your particle makeup could be forced into the state of an unstable gas, release this force, and the particles would fast fall into a more stable state, which hopefully, would be you.

And, normally, there is a 1 in 10^528 or something chance that you can just walk through a wall, because the spaces line up.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Physics, is a name WE people put un something, At one time the earth was thought of as flat. Were they right NO, but it was true to them.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin
They are set. Jesus.

The universe is the way it is, that isn't variable.

However, were you able to affect your body on the quantum level (i.e. string-level), then they could move through a wall.

If you're moving, then you manage to 'slide' your strings, then your particle makeup could be forced into the state of an unstable gas, release this force, and the particles would fast fall into a more stable state, which hopefully, would be you.

And, normally, there is a 1 in 10^528 or something chance that you can just walk through a wall, because the spaces line up.






Well, is it Jesus or God?



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Don't get smart with me. Physics is, reply to my #ing post.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I agree. It is impossible. Technology has a long way to go before it reaches the level talked about here. It sounds like someone got bored and made up some bedtime stories for the kids...

Mr. M



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It was a vaild question, you say Jesus set them, I need to know who set the rules. Of what ever.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I didn't say Jesus set them.

I said it as in 'Jesus christ, you just don't get the concept here.'

Not "Jesus did it. Now on to other things.."

Drop the word Jesus, Now, Physics just IS. We thought the earth was flat because obviously, a flat surface isn't spherical! Well then we measured it, and found that it wasn't a flat surface. Here, we know you can't go through walls because we've measured it. We've tested it. There has never been any evidence to say that it is common, or likely. This will not change.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

It's not possible.

It defies the laws of physics.


No, it doesn't....in fact, it's physics that makes it possible.

The wall is 90% empty space, so is a person. If there was some kind of technology that could momentarily rearrange the atoms of the wall (basically make them gravitate to the edge of the desired opening, and compact together, then technically, you should be able to get to a point where the wall is so much less dense, that you could walk through it.....

We are getting closer to this...just look at the teleportation of the photon, etc. Improbable soon? Yes, impossible? No, not at all...

Then again, I already walk through walls....I just use a door....


[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Gazrok]



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin
I didn't say Jesus set them.

I said it as in 'Jesus christ, you just don't get the concept here.'

Not "Jesus did it. Now on to other things.."

Drop the word Jesus, Now, Physics just IS. We thought the earth was flat because obviously, a flat surface isn't spherical! Well then we measured it, and found that it wasn't a flat surface. Here, we know you can't go through walls because we've measured it. We've tested it. There has never been any evidence to say that it is common, or likely. This will not change.




OH OH sorry , I see now, I really thought you were tring to bring relegion in to this.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

It's not possible.

It defies the laws of physics.


No, it doesn't....in fact, it's physics that makes it possible.

The wall is 90% empty space, so is a person. If there was some kind of technology that could momentarily rearrange the atoms of the wall (basically make them gravitate to the edge of the desired opening, and compact together, then technically, you should be able to get to a point where the wall is so much less dense, that you could walk through it.....

We are getting closer to this...just look at the teleportation of the photon, etc. Improbable soon? Yes, impossible? No, not at all...

Then again, I already walk through walls....I just use a door....


[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Gazrok]




Great answer, I had not got that far yet. I always feel nothing is at it seems.



posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Gazrok: While 90% is space, only about 10% isn't electromagnetically blocked.

Two atoms could have a ton of 'space' in between them, but electric charges force them to keep a fair distance from each other. If I hit my hand into a wall, it bounds back because the wall is full of the electromagnetic force. The problem here isn't space, its charge. You couldn't just 'mash' the molecules over, best way to do it would be a hammer.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join