It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mazda. Bohemian Grove connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hi, all. First time poster, long time reader.

I've been studying symbols in our culture on and off for a few years now and am asking for help I guess more then speculating with this post.

I noticed the Mazda logo bares a striking resemblance to the 20 ft. owl statue in the Bohemian Grove.

If you open MS Paint and lay the Mazda logo over the top of the statues face, you will see it is actually a perfect fit. Well at least that's what I see

When I searched for mazda I found a god, Ahura Mazda.

i-cias.com...

"In Persian belief, Ahura Mazdah ("Lord Wisdom") was the supreme god, he who created the heavens and the Earth, and another son of Zurvan. Atar, his son, battled Azhi Dahaka, the great dragon of the sky, and bound it in chains on a high mountain. The dragon was, however, destined to escape and destroy a third of mankind at the final reckoning, before it was slain. Ahura Mazdah was the god of prophetic revelation, and bore both Ahriman and Ormazd.

As leader of the Heavenly Host, the Amesha Spentas, he battles Ahriman and his followers to rid the world of evil, darkness and deceit. His symbol is the winged disc. "

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this odd correlation or if anyone knows of some bohemian grove member connection with the era of the current Mazda logo.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Ciphor]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Also found this;

"
Mx-6
Mx-6 (1990)

The 1990s were a decade of decline for Mazda. Due to the high price, the third-generation RX-7 sold poorly (although continues to be a tuner car favorite), and the Miata could not sustain the company's sales. The rest of the lineup was poorly-received in the United States and Japan; their popularity in Europe didn't seem to make up for the losses.

In the late 1980s, Mazda embarked on a disastrous attempt to diversify its brand names. It chose to do so because market research revealed that the Mazda brand has the connotation of economic, budget cars both in Japan and abroad. With the aim of doubling its sales, Mazda launched three new brands in Japan, Eunos, Anfini and Autozam. Eunos was to have a counterpart overseas in the US-market Amati luxury division, and Xedos in Europe. However plans for Amati was pulled at the last minute, and the rumored V12-engined flagship was shelved.

The number of brands was also an attempt to match Toyota and Nissan, both of which had multiple chains in Japan. A common opinion is that the sheer number of models had overwhelmed the company - in 1993 Mazda sold seven models based on the 626, yet they only amounted to 1/3 the sales achieved by the comparable Toyota.
Mx-3
Mx-3 (1991)

In other markets, Mazda's identity crisis saw it confused over which logo to adopt. The "Mazda" lettertype was introduced in 1975 as part of Japan's first CAD-assisted corporate identity redesign. In 1991 a new logo was introduced, but was soon swapped for a rounded-off version ("Eternal Flame") because the original had an uncomfortable resemblance to Renault's logo. The new version is consistently used in 1990s Mazdas, but never became as well known as the lettertype. To resolve this issue, Mazda commissioned for a new logo in 1998 ("Wings" or "Owl"), which it uses till this day and features in considerably larger sizes on every model.

Mazda was widely criticised in Europe for the sheer blandness of its late-1990s designs, including the last 323 and 626 which compared unfavourably to the previous models. While technically superior, the 1998 replacement for the MX-5 (Miata) lost much of the purity of the original 1989 design, which is still preferred by many enthusiasts.

Mazda and Ford continued joint efforts. In 1994, the Mazda B-Series line was split between an international (Mazda-designed) version and North American clone of the Ford Ranger. In 1998, Mazda and Ford opened a new plant in Thailand, AutoAlliance Thailand. Patterned after Mazda's Hofu plant, AAT is now an important manufacturing location for the company."

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Mazda isn't the only car maker with links to secret societies. The honda emblem is the middle of the masonic compass. The acura emblem is the top of the same compass.

Also, mazda is the name of a Persian God. ancienthistory.about.com...

Ahura Mazda, the Iranian sky god, the Wise Lord or Lord Wisdom, and god of order, was the principal god of the ancient Zoroastrians. Followers are reminded of their purpose to unite with Ahura Mazda in the Faravahar where Ahura Mazda is depicted as a bearded man on a winged disk.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
IMO, this is a real stretch. If you look at a better picture of the owl, there is no resemblance to the Mazda logo, which to me looks like a steering wheel.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A bit of a stretch yes. But you never know, so why not investigate and find out for sure right?

Although I think when taken in context to the large amount of pagan symbolism in "high society", it is far more plausible that a major motor vehicle company would associate itself with pagan gods. I think I'm also not the only one to refer to the mazda logo as an owl.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Looks like the symbol before the current "Owl" was some type of flame or sun representation. Also very paganistic

wikicars.org...

The images of older Mazda logos are down towards the bottom of Wiki link

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is all fun theory, but the current Mazda logo is rather new compared to some other logo from car manufacturers. Also, the company wasn't originally named Mazda, it was Matsuda. It was modified to Mazda for non-Japanese people to pronounce it right.

Also, if a secret organization is in control of a company, why are they making it so obvious by using parts of symbol known to be associated with them? Bit too obvious i think.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I believe there are people who are intentionally pagans and worship pagan gods of old. It is a little obvious ya. But I tend to notice that the rich pagans take over companys and rename repackage and remarket them to there desires. I'm not saying it's some big conspircy or something. Just a pagan putting his beliefs on something he bought. Nothing new, happens every day. I also don't subscribed to the idea that symbols happen by coincidence and are just kool logos. Symbols are always powerful.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hi everyone this is my first post at ATS.

First off, I want to ask for a pardon for bringing back a necro-thread

I happened by this thread when I made the same connection as the OP

by complete chance. I was reading about ancient religions of Nimrod

when I happened past the Zoroastrian "Ahura Mazda" name. Instantly

remembering the logo for Mazda (which I always thought was an owl)

I immediatly realized that's not an owl. It's an eagle. Or a Zoroastrian "Farvahar"

Which according to wikipedia was heavily influenced by the sun disc

heiroglyph representing divine royalty and authority. Also, it goes back to

babylonian sun worship representing the worship of Nimrod's spirit after his death.

It is also said to represent a guardian "angel" and protection to the Zoroastrians and

the priests in Persia wore an eagle necklace for protection.

So I thought this was all pretty weird being that Mazda as I thought was a Japanese

corporation, untill I found out that Jujiro Matsuda's adopted son, Tsuneji Matsuda according also to wikipedia,

sold a 25% stake in Toyo Kogyo Corporation in 1984 to FORD changing it's name to "Mazda". Also if you look

at earlier versions of the logo you will see that the first logo accentuates the "Z" with a cross through it which

was kept in later versions (I'm assuming for the Z in zoroastrian?). The second version of the logo is an M shape

made of several lines that also looks like a bird. I think it was Ford Corporations input that trully created the

name Mazda (which conveniently sounds Japanese but really isn't) and created the logo which is an Eagle

flying into the sun possibly in honor of Nimrod (the rebel who defied G-d).

Well I more to look at with this, but I find symbols really interesting as well, could I be on the right track with

this?

I have heard that many, many logos can be traced back to babylonian mystery religions as well, like Exxon for

example, and many others.

new topics

top topics

join