It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife looked like she'd seen a ghost...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
*this isn't technically a conspiracy, but it does fall under the false alarm/debunked paranormal category. Sorry if I'm putting it in the wrong place.*

Sunday afternoon, it's about 1:30 and I'm taking a nap on the couch, my 2 Y.O. is napping in his room, my 6 month old daughter is lseeping in her crib in her room, and my wife is doing some straightening up in the kitchen. My wife wakes me up very abruptly with a tone to her voice I have never heard before. When I look at her and finally clear the fog from my head I realize that she doesn't look well. All the color was drained out of her face and she was actually shaking a little. She tells me "Someone is in Anna Marie's room with her." I'm confused as hell, so I ask her "what?" and she just repeats what she's already told me and says "on her baby monitor. they're talking to her." We live in a 3 story town house with all the bedrooms on the third floor. There is physically almost no way someone could get into any of the upstairs rooms without us knowing about it on the second floor. So I go into the kitchen where the monitor's speaker is and I listen with my wife actually shaking and about to freak totally out next to me.

I hear this in a woman's voice:
"Oh look at the happy baby! Why are you so happy, baby?" followed by singing/humming that "mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird song." We listen for a couple of moments, with me trying like all hell to figure out exactly what's going on and what I should do and meanwhile trying to keep myself between my wife and the stairway because I could tell she was ready to bolt upstairs. Then the first of two well timed things came over the monitor which relaxed me, first I heard a baby and it didn't sound anything at all like my daughter, and then I heard some soft country music playing. The radio in my daughter's room only plays CDs, so I realized pretty quickly that we were picking up someone else's baby monitor. We went upstairs, found Anna Marie still asleep, and my wife woke her up just because she needed to hold and hug her. She also unplugged the Graco monitor, threw it into the trash, and we scraped up my son's old Evenflo monitor to hook up for her room from here on out.

I have no idea who has the baby monitor in our neighborhood. I know it isn't one of our immediate neighbors, because none of them have little babies. But I will say I have NEVER been more pleased to see something potentially paranormal debunked as I was to learn we didn't have spooks in our daughter's room.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this story and for future references if I hear anything on a baby monitor (or any monitor for that matter) I will remind my self that I could be picking up someone else signal…

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm not a conspiracy freak or instigator or anything.... but umm... Dude, I think your baby's room is haunted by a loving mother and happy baby and you picked up one of those EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) thingies on the baby monitor!

Yepper.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This reminds me of what happend to my uncle and my 2 cousins. He is called david and moved into a new house with his gf and 2 daughters that in 2001 they were around 1 and 4 years old in around 2001, anyway we were helping him move all his furnature into the house while my grandma looked after his 2 daughters so me and my dad started trying to scare him saying the house is haunted by a little girl called sarah and you will see her walking around your bedroom at night and you will hear someone playing with toys. Anyway around a month after moving all his things into the house and him settling down he had the baby monitor in brittany ( 4 year old) and leoni (1 year old) and it was quite untill 12pm when he heard brittany start talking...he thought nothing of it and kept watching tv, then around 15 mins later she was still talking away and playing with her toys when he heard her laughing and saying the name sarah...well my uncle is a bit of a wuss when it comes to these things even though it would scare prettymuch anyone so he told his gf to run upstairs and check on his daughters (he didnt tell her why, she was in the kitchen at the time) to find brittany sat in the middle of the floor playing with a toy telephone still talking away to something so my aunt asks who she is talking to and brittany says sarah..my aunt says who is sarah and brittany says the little girl with blonde hair playing with me. Well my aunt freaked out and shouted my uncle dave to quickly come up stairs, when he got upstairs he unplugged the baby monitor and threw it out the window into the front garden. Then around 12.45 ish he rang my dad and i can remember him bursting out laughing...when they put the phone down my dad told me what had happend and that my uncle had called us both assholes for scaring the # out of him for it to come true lol.

And this story is 100% truth
edit on 16-10-2011 by LvSLoLo because: spelling

edit on 16-10-2011 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join