It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden messages buried in VoIP chatter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Hidden messages buried in VoIP chatter

www.theregister.co.uk

Polish researchers have revealed the many ways you can hide messages within the bit stream of Voip phone calls.
If secret policemen didn't like Skype and its IP telephony cousins before, they'll really hate it now.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Wow, Stego over Voip?

Serious white noise!

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yes, if you run a search for 'steganography', you'll get various programs that will allow you to hide files inside other files. For example, I've hid, 'sensitive' (
) information in .jpg files - so if people sarch through my computer they'll never know what to look for.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Yes, if you run a search for 'steganography', you'll get various programs that will allow you to hide files inside other files. For example, I've hid, 'sensitive' (
) information in .jpg files - so if people sarch through my computer they'll never know what to look for.

But now, add in Voip, and you've got audio stego.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

They will now Einstein!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

I have litterally thousands apon thousands of files and many thousand folders on this computer. Will they know which one, which program, to decript? I'd like to see that.

new topics

top topics

join