It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Olbermann Show - Bush's counterterrorism advisor says McCain lied about war too

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Keith Olbermann Show - Bush's counterterrorism advisor says McCain lied about war too

current.com

The Senate Intelligence Committee has released the long-delayed final phase of its report on prewar intelligence, highlighting the Bush administration's misuse of that intelligence to lead us into war in Iraq. Richard Clarke, former counterterrorism advisor to both the Clinton and Bush administrations, appeared on Countdown with Keith Olbermann to discuss the implications of the report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
wows wow so now we could have list of war criminals which includes future republican president nominees Mr.McCain too.I think now Mr Mcain have to decide where he go after this comment by Bush's counter terrorism advisory .Support the so called counter terrorism war or say just shut up let me handel it my self Mr.Bush i am not a puppet Lolz

current.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think American public is not stupid so its better for Mr.McCain to come openly in public & apologized to every single American & rest of the world and Iraqis THE MOST that it was mistake & in future he will not support any kind of baseless war as we had in Iraq.i think he have to be a human 1st then be a politician

[edit on 8-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 123space

123, great post man, thanks for sharing this bit, and also for linking to "source.com" I have never seen this source before and I will keep an eye on it.

"The report does not use the word 'lie,' Olbermann began. "Are there lies?"

"There certainly are," Clarke replied. "This is a big report, but what it says is 'statements by the president were not substantiated by intelligence ... statements by the president were contradicted by available intelligence. In other words, they made things up ... that people in the intelligence community at the time knew were not true. ... To say that this is only something we could have known years later is just not true."

I am sure a lot of people are going to call foul and say this is just a partisan hack attacking those across the aisle. Despite th fact that Clarke has been a opponent of the Bush administration from, almost, the beginning I would disagree.

Remember Clarke WORKED for Bush in the beginning and only was 'outed' when he disagreed and pushed back against the administrations willful ignorance.

Furthermore he makes a very important point, Bush lied. He and those who represent him fed the media, the people, and other politician facts that were contradictory to the intelligence. There is no excuse for this.

Not bringing these clowns to trial is one thing, something that in the current political landscape would be hard to do, but forgetting is almost equal to forgiving and that is intolerable, it can not happen.

"What are we to make now of Senator McCain's ... remarkable claim that every intel assessment of the time was screaming 'WMD'?" asked Olbermann.

"Senator McCain's statements are contradicted by the facts, too," Clarke replied firmly. "He's also now justifying the intelligence statements of the president. ... We have the proof, four years too late, that those statements were flat out wrong."

What is more, we can not let McCain get away with this crap either. Not impeaching and punishing Bush and company is one thing, but electing another who is already following Bush down this path of deceit and warmongering is travesty.

I'll admit, we do not live in a Democracy we live in a Representative Republic which means once we elect a person to office they are all-powerful. This makes it all the more important that we weed out the ones who will not 'represent' us in the manner we desire, and it is clear McCain is one who will not.

PS:: all quotes from the OP's source

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

youtube.com...

Go to source you can watch full video

[edit on 8-6-2008 by 123space]

top topics

join