It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone made any legitamate foe on BTS?.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ive wondered.
Ive been looking lately for an excuse to make someone my foe so i added a certain someone on acount of a difference of opinion. Here is the thread in which i made my very first foe: True Forced Loneliness. It is a major milestone for me and i think it should be at least a noted one for others. If you do actually read my posts on that thred you will realise how pitiful of an excuse it is.

But the question is: Has anyone made any legitamate foe on BTS?
Not just a disagreement. More than that. Like a war.

[edit on 8/6/08 by Critical]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
First I think your whole thought process is messed up... I don't see any reason to "make" a foe... To make something or to seek it like that is in a way, troubling... Everyone in this world really needs to stop looking at the negative or trying to be negative... Wake up people, you get more from sugar and honey than you do vinegar...

JAK

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It should be noted that people here are classed as 'Respected Foes' something distinctly different from a plain 'Foe'.

These are people who's arguments, though they may stem from opinions and values perhaps vastly different to our own, are put across with grace, clarity and sound reasoning that they give cause for us consider the veracity of our own position, Kudos to our foes then.

"Our critics are our friends, they show us our faults." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Jak

[edit on 8/6/08 by JAK]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have never used the Respected Foe function.

Most of those who have made me their Respected Foes are people I never heard of before I got the email announcement and haven't seen or heard from since.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Critical

only people i have on foes are those that give me a run for my money
when it comes to heated topics.

the people i dispise on ATS are those on my ignore list

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I agree with most of you guys. What I hate is when people slam or flame you for your misspelling. I my case it is just miss-typing and not checking the post before posting. Bad habit because of being in a hurry, but doesn't mean the person is an idiot.

I believe that it is healthy and fun to have a foe to respectfully interact with in voicing opinions. The problem with most people that spend so much time on the internet is that they do so because they don't have human communication skills to begin with. I've been to all the major forums and this one seems to be the most intelligent and respectful of them all.

There is this one GD forum that has about 60-90 thousand online always, but the damb this is dominated by teenagers.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
nope sure haven't. the only foe i ever had considered me a foe just because he didn't like me. we never even debated ONCE. what's sad is that he'd even pop up in my threads just to irk me on purpose. :shk: *shrugs* oh well..he's banned now.

off topic for a bit..anyone else beside me notice that the ppl that irk you the most have a tendacy to pop up in your threads just to instigate?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I can't think of any at the moment.

Which is odd, since there should be some.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
First I think your whole thought process is messed up... I don't see any reason to "make" a foe... To make something or to seek it like that is in a way, troubling... Everyone in this world really needs to stop looking at the negative or trying to be negative... Wake up people, you get more from sugar and honey than you do vinegar...

No need to get technical. Why do people have to take the words exactly as they are? You know what i mean.

Sugar? Honey? Vinegar? HUH? WTF?

Originally posted by JAK
It should be noted that people here are classed as 'Respected Foes' something distinctly different from a plain 'Foe'.

These are people who's arguments, though they may stem from opinions and values perhaps vastly different to our own, are put across with grace, clarity and sound reasoning that they give cause for us consider the veracity of our own position, Kudos to our foes then.

"Our critics are our friends, they show us our faults." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Jak

[edit on 8/6/08 by JAK]

As i said above. No need to get technical. Please do explain what veracity means. I cant be bothered looking it up.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by Critical

only people i have on foes are those that give me a run for my money
when it comes to heated topics.

the people i dispise on ATS are those on my ignore list

A nice constructive reply.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
IVE had 4 people make me as thier foes this past week!

And they all are from BTS...

I think its people that disagree with me, but know that they have no logical or reasoned ideas to stand on...

So they just make me a foe... and continue what they were doing... but they feel good about them selves, because they made me a foe...

Yea.. but i havent personaly added anyone as a foe, even if i am in a huge debate with some people on one thread, we can be totaly in agreement in another...

But these people that made me thier foes... i am automaticly wroung... on everything... not that they have any ideas, just that mine are wroung...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
IVE had 4 people make me as thier foes this past week!

And they all are from BTS...

I think its people that disagree with me, but know that they have no logical or reasoned ideas to stand on...

So they just make me a foe... and continue what they were doing... but they feel good about them selves, because they made me a foe...

Yea.. but i havent personaly added anyone as a foe, even if i am in a huge debate with some people on one thread, we can be totaly in agreement in another...

But these people that made me thier foes... i am automaticly wroung... on everything... not that they have any ideas, just that mine are wroung...

Well, either you're too smart for them or you are just annoying.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I got one guy on my foe list that is only here on ats to stalk me. He is my ex wife's husband (or whatever) and he has only made one post. He logs in only to check up on what I am doing and thats pretty much it.

The others I have on my foe list are people that I just cannot agree with thier veiws. They may have legitimate views, I don't agree with them but hey I can't agree with everyone right?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I got one guy on my foe list that is only here on ats to stalk me. He is my ex wife's husband (or whatever) and he has only made one post. He logs in only to check up on what I am doing and thats pretty much it.

The others I have on my foe list are people that I just cannot agree with thier veiws. They may have legitimate views, I don't agree with them but hey I can't agree with everyone right?

What a total #ing loser.

Yep, you sure cant agree with everyone otherwise the world would be perfect.

BTW pick an avatar already. Its only your virtual face.

[edit on 9/6/08 by Critical]

new topics

top topics

join