It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Elections forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
One of the things I've always adored about ATS is their fierce political debates. During the '00 elections, and the '04 elections, I was always tuned into ATS reading through some pretty heavy, and at times personal, political debates.

Now that Senator Clinton has bowed out of the run up, democrats and republicans can finally focus their collective attention at eachother. The fight starts now, the dissemination of information and rumors begins now.

I know ATS is a 'worldwide' website, but at its roots ATS held the American elections in high regards, and debated it vigorously. I've met some of the brightest minds I've come to meet here on ATS. I came here today for that very reason.. I was ready to debate, and wanted to scout the fields.

I looked for PTS, but apparently it's been disbanded. Then I looked under ATS' political forums and found some discussion, scattered between 6 different forums. I peaked under the Current Events section and there was nothing there either. So where do I talk about the run-up? This political season seems to be very active and strong.. where's ATS' focused discussion it's so famous for?

I propose a forum, either in the Current Events section, or more appropriately in the Above Politics section, for the sole purpose of discussing the 2008 United States Election. After the election, close the forum up and archive it. But at least give those of us interested in debating the '08 elections a focused venue to do so.

Thanks for your consideration,
QuietSoul

[edit on 6/7/2008 by QuietSoul]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh, I couldn't agree with you more.
you get my vote.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There has never been a good leader in history!

if so,he/she was killed quick!

what and who says now is different?

i say if you vote for anyone to be King,it is you that is coward!
you are your own leader!
the more you need another to lead you,the more you will be decieved!

Cowards Vote!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This exact thought occurred to me today. Thank you, Quiet Soul for posting about it! (I hope it's not only for Democrats and Republicans, though!
)

This is certainly one of the biggest and most important elections of our time. I believe we need a place to come to find all the scoop and share our thoughts for the next few months.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
we need to come together and show the government,we dont need them!
we are our own leaders,we arent followers!
that they failed us for over 5000 years!

when are we going to ever wake up and stand!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by meanmug
we need to come together and show the government,we dont need them!
we are our own leaders,we arent followers!
that they failed us for over 5000 years!

when are we going to ever wake up and stand!

This isn't the topic to discuss your fantasies of overthrowing the government. I'm sure there's plenty of other threads about that. This post is a serious proposal for a forum dedicated to the 2008 US Elections. Keep it on topic please.

Thanks for the support on the other posts. It's encouraging to know other people feel the same.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
ok,ill stay on topic here,

Which Lying King will we vote for this time?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

None. Since the election system is obviously a sham, I feel no particular urge to bother with it. It all boils down to, if there are no candidates to vote for that I believe in, then I don't vote.

Despite my personal belief is that the whole election is corrupted, I do support the notion of having an offical debate thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
giga,

have you ever voted before....

I,I NEVER VOTED IN MY LIFE BUT everywhere i went,people was forcing me by voting but still never did....

isnt a president the same as a king....
what is a king but of power and money....
has there ever been a good king or president in our history....
every king/president tries to be a god of all the people,every voice in one.

but nothing has ever came good from any king or president,nothing1
if so please tell me this holiness person....

im just using common sense,everytime you not you but people in general votes for change,it doesnt happen1
its like they want us to give our faith to them or something but i will always say i am me,i am my own leader,i dont need a leader to lie to me when i know the trth....

i mean it goes like this....turn it into evil so then if you balance it,itll look like we are doing something good1
but i never,ever see the holiness just some balance of what evil did.

voting is for weak minded cowards who want and need someone to make their choice for them because they are lazy people.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by meanmug
giga,

have you ever voted before....

I,I NEVER VOTED IN MY LIFE BUT everywhere i went,people was forcing me by voting but still never did....

isnt a president the same as a king....
what is a king but of power and money....
has there ever been a good king or president in our history....
every king/president tries to be a god of all the people,every voice in one.

but nothing has ever came good from any king or president,nothing1
if so please tell me this holiness person....

im just using common sense,everytime you not you but people in general votes for change,it doesnt happen1
its like they want us to give our faith to them or something but i will always say i am me,i am my own leader,i dont need a leader to lie to me when i know the trth....

i mean it goes like this....turn it into evil so then if you balance it,itll look like we are doing something good1
but i never,ever see the holiness just some balance of what evil did.

voting is for weak minded cowards who want and need someone to make their choice for them because they are lazy people.
Ok tell you what. Go live in the outback of Canada for the rest of your life. Because you obviously have no appreciation for what government, kings, presidents etc have provided for you. Yes our governemnt is corrupt, like many of the governments that came before it. But it has still provided you with roads to travel on, an internet infrastructure for you post your little diatribes on, as well as freedom to spew nonsense.Not to mention electricity, television, education among many other things. These things don't just appear by themselves, intelligent men and women organized and designed these things, and some form of government funded it, as well provided manpower and logistics. And I'm sure the people who have died or endured injustices to claim their right to vote really appreciate you calling them cowards.

I would comment more, but I couldn't understand half of what you said. I, as well as many other posters here, speak English. Not text-message-ese.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSoul

"build it and they will come"...

I've heard that somewhere before.....

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
"Because you obviously have no appreciation for what government, kings, presidents etc have provided for you."

PLEASE!

what this government as done or any?
do you know why people came to america?

to get away from them assyrians who use science!

go learn true history....
every other country was forced science and turned into a powerhouse country just like ours is....

ever wondered why people kept kicking jews/assyrians out of countries?

they force their beliefs on us!

America=Assyrian ran,The Lion King!fATHER OF BABYLON=BABY LION
yes just a coincidence,just like every other powerhouse country that was invented by science!

but wait.....

there is a chance,a cchance to VOTE!

[edit on 10-6-2008 by meanmug]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSoul

would have been nice if people actuily used PTS when it was up
insted of asking for something simmiler after its been closed

top topics

join